Ewwww, mildew! (1 Viewer)

Emptied out the entire truck in preparation for a good cleaning and thorough detailing/sanitization, probably the first since I bought it. Just found a sunflower seed that had germinated.....

We use vinegar on our airstream for mildew removal on the Island.
Use vinegar on the trucks up there too, just leave the windows open for a while otherwise you will be looking for the fries......

fireball

SILVER Star
You might already know this, but a little trick is to pull the belts all the way out, shut the doors on them and then have at them with a pressure washer, soap, simple green, whatever you desire. This makes things a good bit easier.

mac

Crew Member
You might already know this, but a little trick is to pull the belts all the way out, shut the doors on them and then have at them with a pressure washer, soap, simple green, whatever you desire. This makes things a good bit easier.

This works hot damn.

Thanks, I'll be giving that a try.

Store your truck with a refillable desiccant dryer basket used in boats and campers

Or build a nice warm dry shop.

Last edited:
the reviews on that seem good. but maybe better to find your water leak instead of treating the symptoms?

There isn't a leak, that I am aware of. I think it was just from the truck sitting so long, outside, in this very damp winter.

The CT one seems to be dping the trick so far. Emptied out a bit of water it collected this weekend.

The challenge is not forgetting to empty the water collecting. My father in law had one in the trailer and forgot. He would have been better off not having the thing in there.

I've used those Dri-Z-Air ones in vehicles before and have one in the camper just now. Seem to work well in my experience. Remember to go out once a month or two and do your check, drain off the water.

Usually available at RV places too.

gb

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom