have you replaced your Tcase

• I have replaced my Tcase. mileage?

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Original Tcase still kickin'

Votes: 27 100.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

phishtaco

Cincinnati
Threads
This is a reply from a guy that i considered a trade with
"My son is the chief Toyota technician at the local dealer and recommends that I not consider your vehicle. They have a history of transfer case problems and the repair cost would exceed the vehicle value."

Hmmm, 149K here in 11 years and no problems. It's now also well protected with Slee's skip plate! Damn is that thing beefy compared to OEM.

soo far noone has replaced one

>> They have a history of transfer case problems...

After several years of reading posts on this list - and its predecessor - I can only vaguely recall one very high milage rig that had the TC pulled because of a problem with the viscous clutch.

I would hardly call that "a history," but I would certainly like to hear what our professional mechanics have to say about it. Christo, Robbie... others ?

Cheers, R -

phishtaco said:
This is a reply from a guy that i considered a trade with
"My son is the chief Toyota technician at the local dealer and recommends that I not consider your vehicle. They have a history of transfer case problems and the repair cost would exceed the vehicle value."

Guess that's a good arguement for NOT going to the dealer....

I know of 2 from posts here-both with spotty maintenance. Kurt had to buy a new one from Toyota at>250k miles, and Romer got a rebuilt one from Slee right after he bought the truck. I suspect in Romer's case his 100k change was the first in the life of his truck. I think if you know the history and have changed the gear oil a few times, they last as long as any of us will need them.

well, so far it looks way better than the HG

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom