Escape Gear seat covers (mostly) installed (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Well I had a really detailed post typed out, and then when I tried to upload pictures it was deleted, so this one will be more brief.

I purchased a set of Escape Gear seat covers from @WingNutLG on the classifieds. He was very upfront that the third row headrests and console cover were too big, and the front seat backs didn't accommodate the armrests. I don't use my third row and don't care about the console cover, so I pulled the trigger.

The covers arrived in a nice Escape Gear duffel bag. Initial impressions are that the covers are nice and thick while still being soft. As opposed to the SOR covers I had in my old 100, these covers are two piece, meaning the seat bottoms and seat backs are separate pieces. The fit is better than the SOR covers and the material is much heavier. These are very nice.

I installed the entire second row and the seat bottoms for the front row. Everything goes together with a combination of Velcro and straps. Pretty straightforward. Overall I'm very pleased. I haven't decided how to go about dealing with the front seat backs. I may not worry about them for the time being. I mainly wanted protection for my rapidly deteriorating 230k mile 15 year old bottom cushions.

IMG_1887.JPG

IMG_1891.JPG

IMG_1894.JPG

IMG_1897.JPG

IMG_1900.JPG

I’m thinking that an upholstery shop could reinforce some holes for the armrests pretty reasonably, once you mark them. Or you can run armrest-less like I did for a few weeks :)

Glad you like them! You take better pics than me

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom