engine swap questions (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I pulled the engine last night to toss in another strong f in my 72 40. I thought it would be best to leave the trans and tcase in but now I am not sure if I did the right thing. They are all out of wack and I don't know if I can get it lined up to slide it all together. Should I drop it all and toss it back in as one pc?

I also can't figure out where the oil filter line goes on the new motor. The threaded opening is there but it is blocked for some reason. now I don't know where the line should go. This was supposed to be simple...not for me! Any help is good help and pics of the oil filter lines would be great if anyone has one.
Thanks!
Goebeler

Is it possible that the F engine you are installing is newer, and the oil filter is on the pass. side of the engine, instead of mounting to the intake manifold? Does the new engine have the externally mounted oil pressure regulator on the drivers side of the block?

Oh, and the engine Q...

I have done them both ways.. sometimes it is easier to put it together as one unit.

Good luck!

-Steve

Steve,
At the bottom of spector's page, number 30 is the line I am referring to but there seems to be no oil hole in that area. I blew the thing and no air moved. Does that mean it is plugged or is there no way the air will move under that pressure? Or should I call my college girl friend and see if she can blow out the line?
Kind of a stupid question but I dont want to thread the damn thing on and have no oil flow through it. The motor is out of the same year cruiser and only a mont off production wise. I just don't want to blow it up the day afetr I install it...my luck!
And I agree with the engine reinstal, I will drop the trans and tcase and put it back as one unit. Wish me luck on that, big replacement but learning more everyday!
Goebs

Steve,
By the way, the engine has the external thing...like the bottom pic on spectors page you poster. the fitting that is unclear is the one that installs above that thing. the threads are there but i cant seem to see any hole for oil to travel through on the replacement engine.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom