Engine stall (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Since I added 5-10% SVO from the supermarket and changed the fuel filter. I got the engine stall problem. :/

Here is the video was taken today!

Would it be caused by poor quality or ratio of SVO? I have tried to add the additive today, but it doesn't help! Should I change the fuel filter again or drain out the diesel now? Please advise.

Last edited:
Why did you put SVO in the fuel?

Why did you put SVO in the fuel?
Because I found the smell of the exhaust... I have changed again the fuel filter yesterday, but it doesn't help the engine stalling. The engine starts without any problem. It does not have any problem with running on the highway. I think this is because of the old fuel pipe connecting the fuel filter and the fuel filter parts. Maybe there is the air leak and air go into the fuel line. Do you have any through?

I dont know what is causing your problem. I just asked why you put the vegetable oil in. I thought it had to be heated.

You need to do something like this . This was my engine after a filter change. The clear tube showed me it was air in the fuel lines.
I took the fuel filter out and refitted it and the air went away.
Fuel lines with splits should be replaced, regardless of how small the splits appear.

I don't know what is causing your problem. I just asked why you put the vegetable oil in. I thought it had to be heated.

You need to do something like this . This was my engine after a filter change. The clear tube showed me it was air in the fuel lines.
I took the fuel filter out and refitted it and the air went away.
Fuel lines with splits should be replaced, regardless of how small the splits appear.

Someone said SVO could improve the combustion and the bad smell. I should have well mixed the diesel and SVO before putting into the fuel tank. It should be ok!
I saw few threads about this. How did you fix it? Thx

Last edited:
I took the new filter off and put it back on and it was fixed.

I had a problem with air a few years before also and it was split hoses on the return line.

The problem is fixed. This is caused by the fuel filter components. I just change the new parts. Thanks.

Although the stall problem is gone, the white smoke is happening now! :(

The smoke smell is not good. The mechanic said it is the diesel smell. He had tried to adjust the shim of the engine head. It doesn't help! Anyone can give me advice? Thx

What country are you in? Do you have diesel mechanics experienced with Toyota diesels?
Do you still have SVO in the fuel system?
Model, year and engine type?

What country are you in? Do you have diesel mechanics experienced with Toyota diesel?
Do you still have SVO in the fuel system?
Model, year and engine type?
I'm from HK. I did not use SVO this time! 1996 HDJ81V 1HD-FT

The white smoke was happening all the time even the cold or warm start!

White smoke is from condensation caused by combustion that is too cool. It can be caused by fuel entering the combustion chamber too early .
You should check the timing belt marks.

The issue happens just for a few weeks before there are no white smoke issues! Would the timing belt marks cause it? Thanks.

Drain the tank and put in fresh diesel. Take it for a decent ride to get everything warmed up . Hopefully your mechanic can back track his work if needed.
Other than draining the tank run fresh fuel from engine bay, you can run a short section of hose to the filter from a fuel can.

I just wonder whether it would cause the heater system? My original set up is the fuel filter primer has the heater. It was replaced by the new primer because the primer has vacuum issues. Is that heater only use for the very cold weather? Thx

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom