12HT Stall/Cut Off (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi everyone, I have a 1988 HJ61, and my 12HT when driving along and putting the clutch in at around 2000-3000 rpm drops right down to 400/450rpm and nearly stalls out.

A few times it actually has stalled out especially coming down a hill and pushing the clutch in, also nearly dies when reversing and jumping on the brakes to essentially (jolt) her will also make it nearly die?

Any input would be fantastic cheers! Hopefully the video link works. (The video is me jolting the truck to make it ‘drop revs’)

Hi everyone, I have a 1988 HJ61, and my 12HT when driving along and putting the clutch in at around 2000-3000 rpm drops right down to 400/450rpm and nearly stalls out.

A few times it actually has stalled out especially coming down a hill and pushing the clutch in, also nearly dies when reversing and jumping on the brakes to essentially (jolt) her will also make it nearly die?

Any input would be fantastic cheers! Hopefully the video link works. (The video is me jolting the truck to make it ‘drop revs’)

Also when it revs past 3200 which I don’t do often but I was going up an incline and when it hit 3000 and something rpm,

then push the clutch in to shift up, the motor dropped right back down to 400-500rpm which is normal, but wouldn’t rev with the clutch in for a few seconds.

It was like a ‘fuel cut’ stopping me from accelerating after the high rpms. I don’t know if this is right to have this ‘fuel cut’? I’d appreciate the help everyone thanks.

all I can say is follow the clutch switch. Something is probably shorting out on that circuit

After rereading your message, I deleted my comment which, in the end, didn't offer a good solution ... sorry

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom