Engine died from freeway speed in "N" (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Lor

Threads
I've just noticed the other day when I was exiting at a ramp and shifting to N. The engine died. It did that twice. It is ok in the city. What is the cause?

1. F engine with aftermarket carb
2. New plugs & wires (8mm Accel)
3. 650-700 rpm idle

Lets just try to get some details straight:
So you were coasting, with the clutch fully depressed, foot off the gas, moving shifter to N?
By "it did that twice" do you mean in two seperate instances of exiting the highway or what?
I assume that it otherwise idles normally?
Any stuttering, loss of power while driving at freeway speeds?
Oil pressure problems? (mine has oil pressure problems when moving to idle RPM's from highway RPM's.

So you were coasting, with the clutch fully depressed, foot off the gas, moving shifter to N?

Yes

By "it did that twice" do you mean in two seperate instances of exiting the highway or what?

Yes, two separate instances.

I assume that it otherwise idles normally?

Yes

Any stuttering, loss of power while driving at freeway speeds?

No

Oil pressure problems?

I don't know. The gage is dead.

[quote author=Lor link=board=1;threadid=4547;start=msg34239#msg34239 date=1061595679]

I don't know. The gage is dead.
[/quote]
Or maybe you do have some very serious oil pressure problems? :D ;)
Really the only suggestion I have is to fix your oil pressure guage and see if anything funky is happening there.
You indicate that nothing at all else is the matter with the way it runs, any little anything may make this much easier to diagnose.
Anything particurly similar about the two instances? Close in time, or spread apart?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom