SOLD Emirates Auction 1998 manual 2UZ model 100 with barn doors...and a word to the wise (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Year
Vehicle Model
  1. 100 Series
Mileage
Color
white
Outside Link
https://www.emiratesauction.com/en/Cars/CarDetails.aspx?randid=366675
1667969313398.png
Hi friends,
I watch Emirates Auction from time to time looking for interesting vehicles, and this one looked to be a find--from the listing and photos. With due respect to EA for also posting its inspection report which listed some serious concerns. I got interested enough to go out and look at it in person last Saturday and boy-oh-boy, this thing is no bargain. But the reason I am posting here is that the listing says 211k km. When I looked at the vehicle I saw two oil change stickers:
WhatsApp Image 2022-11-05 at 3.20.03 PM.jpeg

1667970069046.png

And last night I and a couple of buddies watched with horror as the bidding went way, way beyond anything reasonable for a 740k km vehicle with holes in the frame (which was disclosed in the inspection, albeit without photos):
1667970173131.png

1667970192524.png

I strongly suspect that given this is just over 25 years old it is an unsuspecting American buyer, and maybe a fellow Mud user. I did try to get Emirates Auction to do something about the listing but I don't have a strong sense they will do so in time for when the bidding starts again this evening.

I am posting here to perhaps reach the person bidding on the vehicle...just so they know what I found out in person. I know what it is like to be unpleasantly surprised when seeing an LC auction purchase for the first time.

It sold for 27500 AED or 7600 USD with fees. Good luck to whoever bought it....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom