Electrical gremlins in LX570? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Has anyone dealt with this? In my seemingly never ending search for an LX570, I think I found one out of state that might fit the bill. But when i ran the VIN through Lexus, it has had the battery replaced 3 times in 6 years, most recently in March. Not sure if this should concern me or not. I had to get rid of a Tahoe I owned a few years ago because it would periodically not start. After visiting 4 different mechanics (including 2 dealerships), they never could figure it out. I do not want to go through that again.

Mine had the 4Lo actuator on the report several times. Eventually it was replaced, and even then was reported again. It was just stuck. Took a few months of using it periodically. Now it works first time every time. So you have to look deeper into it. I was able to talk to previous owner, that answered a lot of Q for me on how serious any of the repair items were.

How many miles on this LX? What state/locale does it reside in?

Vehicles don't like to sit. If it's an occasional use 3rd car with lower mileage, very well could be they didn't use it regularly enough and the battery was always in some lower state of charge. Lead acid batts don't like anything but topped off and full, which only happens when regularly driving it.

What state is it in? Hot states like Arizona destroys batteries. Heat causes the electrolytes to boil out of them prematurely.

Combine the two, and short battery life spans don't surprise me at all.

If those stories add up, this may very well be an opportunity for a low mileage arid climate rust free cruiser.

How many miles on this LX? What state/locale does it reside in?

Vehicles don't like to sit. If it's an occasional use 3rd car with lower mileage, very well could be they didn't use it regularly enough and the battery was always in some lower state of charge. Lead acid batts don't like anything but topped off and full, which only happens when regularly driving it.

What state is it in? Hot states like Arizona destroys batteries. Heat causes the electrolytes to boil out of them prematurely.

Combine the two, and short battery life spans don't surprise me at all.

If those stories add up, this may very well be an opportunity for a low mileage arid climate rust free cruiser.
2014 LX with just under 60k in Texas, so that could explain the battery issue.

2014 LX with just under 60k in Texas, so that could explain the battery issue.
We live in Florida, and batteries live 2 years here... Coming from So California, we learned to accept killer heat kills some things.... including car batteries! Dont avoid a nice car because of battery replacements!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom