Electric Fan Puller or Pusher. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Tapage

Club 4X4 Panamá
Threads
Website
www.4x4panama.com
I all folks .. happy July 4 .. !!!! :D

This is the issue .. Right now I'm proces to change my electric fan, I have in my mind some options.

something as it ..

HERCULES%20FAN.jpg

14" 1200 cfm or this other one ..

flx-394_w.jpg

by 1500 cfm .. off course I will be put it in the front as auxilary fan ( haven't enough space behind the rad )

whichone is my best option puller or pusher configuration .. ;) Right ow I already have the stock 7 or 8 blades fan ( I'm not sure about the number of blades ) also with fan clutch, but the idea is taken better cooling at low rpm low speeds ..

there is a thread running in chat i think about this sorta thing.
where are those pics from? is it an online store with price info?

i want to add an electric pusher for better a/c performance at low/city speeds.

Pusher fan

Hey guys...I PM'd a user who'd done this mod on his rig.
He mounted a 10" PUSHER fan in front on the AC condensor
and powered it through a relay to the AC switch. His note
stated that it REALLY did the trick at low speeds or idle.
These beasts get hot. I have yet to do this mod but I plan
on it this summer. The pics look REALLY familiar too!

good luck gents.

Props to Waggoner5 for the info. :cool:

rollerbagel said:
Hey guys...I PM'd a user who'd done this mod on his rig.
He mounted a 10" PUSHER fan in front on the AC condensor
and powered it through a relay to the AC switch. His note
stated that it REALLY did the trick at low speeds or idle.
These beasts get hot. I have yet to do this mod but I plan
on it this summer. The pics look REALLY familiar too!

good luck gents.

Props to Waggoner5 for the info. :cool:

I just did this on my 80. I used an 11-inch Nippondenso fan from a Toyota sedan out of the junkyard for 20 bucks. The relay/socket and wiring was an additional $30 to make it a clean job. It looks almost factory and makes a huge difference at idle on the 107F days here in Vegas.

miked said:
there is a thread running in chat i think about this sorta thing.
where are those pics from? is it an online store with price info?

i want to add an electric pusher for better a/c performance at low/city speeds.

first from MAF and Second from Summit Racing .. you can check both prices online .. :)

I doubt either one is big enough to replace the stock fan, so put a pusher in front, controlled by a relay wired in with the AC clutch..

Last edited:
on both my 40 and 60 i used the flex-a-lite "black magic fan". about $185 from www.summitracing.com. it is easy to install. lose the stock fan and shroud, gain back a few horsepower, put on this baby and your set. it's 15" and it flows 2800cfm of air, has its own temp sensor, and can run on its own or over ride whenever you want as well as when your a/c comes on. worked great for my v-8 conversions

VETTE60 said:
on both my 40 and 60 i used the flex-a-lite "black magic fan". about $185 from www.summitracing.com. it is easy to install. lose the stock fan and shroud, gain back a few horsepower, put on this baby and your set. it's 15" and it flows 2800cfm of air, has its own temp sensor, and can run on its own or over ride whenever you want as well as when your a/c comes on. worked great for my v-8 conversions

My HJ-60 sometimes get a immersion :D this black magic fan is sealed . ?

rightlane said:
can you mount a pusher without modding the grill? looks too tight

yes you can .. and have enough space loook at this pic, you can see the oil cooler and in the right side the fan.

ps-cooler.JPG

Having a watertight fan is a necessity in my book as well. I don't ilke the stock fan, so replacing it with an electric is a good option for me.

Is it sealed?

:beer:

Tapage said:
My HJ-60 sometimes get a immersion :D this black magic fan is sealed . ?

Yeah, but then it becomes a propeller. :D

Tapage said:
You have a pic of this instalation in your 62 .. ? please .. it fit in the stock shroud . ? look nice . :D

I will post a pic soon. It does fit inside the shroud, however, I removed it per the manufacturer's recomendation. It still cools better than I expected, I gained some open space in the engine compartment, and gained about 2 hp. I installed it with the fully adjustable wire harnes kit.

After reading through this thread a little the other day, I thought I might ad an electric fan to the existing setup to help with the AC cooling, etc. I have a 12" electric fan that is supposed to go into the TR6, but it's been sitting long enough for me to reappropriate it for another use...dragged it out and decided to do a rough fitting - and there is NO WAY to add this thing in the front. In fact, I've only got a patch about 8" x 8" that's totally free on the AC radiator (whatever that damn thing is called) plus, there's the center support that the grillwork attaches to running down the center vertically, and horizontally there's an aluminum line for the AC, dead center.

Where in the hell are you guys adding these 10-12" fans?

If you remove the stock mechanical fan, then you have enough room for an 18" puller fan. I am eventually going to do that, because my truck seems to have a history of overheating. That will come after my HEI igniton though. :grinpimp:

:beer:

swank 60, that's why asked my ? earlier. i don't want to have a fan only cooling 8' of my rad either. it seems that those who have actually installed them have all got puller fans or modified grills. i guess if all you want is colder ac, you could mount a small one on the condenser.

rightlane said:
swank 60, that's why asked my ? earlier. i don't want to have a fan only cooling 8' of my rad either. it seems that those who have actually installed them have all got puller fans or modified grills. i guess if all you want is colder ac, you could mount a small one on the condenser.

That's what I was thinking of doing - only it'd have to be very, very small. I don't want to replace my stock fan - it's just fine, as is the clutch - but for the additional AC cooling, it would be nice to have something there on the condensor to help along...

I'm going to investigate a little more - I think there could be room between the condensor and the radiator, but I'm not 100% sure.

That Jegs 18" fan looks pretty sweet though! Great price, too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom