Electric Fan Puller or Pusher. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Lincoln MKVIII efan is 18" I believe and pulls nearly 4000-5000cfm. That would be a good replacement setup.

New HD Chevy trucks I think have (2) 16" or 18" efans pulling 4-5,000cfm each.

gnx7 said:
Lincoln MKVIII efan is 18" I believe and pulls nearly 4000-5000cfm. That would be a good replacement setup.

New HD Chevy trucks I think have (2) 16" or 18" efans pulling 4-5,000cfm each.

5000 cfm s has a lots .. ! of power in only one fan .. !!!!

In my case HJ-60 haven't enough space beetwen condenser and rad ..

From what I've read in the past, the Black Magic fan is not the best idea for our 60s (or 62s as the case may be). I can't remember the exact reason, but there are several old threads on Pirate that discussed the best electric fan solution for a 60 series. IIRC it's the Lincoln MKVIII fan, like gnx7 said, and there is a 2-speed, 3 wire version that's best for areas with drastically changing seasonal temps. Search for electric fans on Pirate and you should be able to find the threads.

Spook - I've read here that the fan off of a Taurus is the fan of choice for the 60. Multiple speed, 2 fan setup. I don't know all of the details, but there's a relay that NAPA carries (don't know the part number) but a search would probably pull it up.

That's all I remember at this time...

swank60 said:
Spook - I've read here that the fan off of a Taurus is the fan of choice for the 60. Multiple speed, 2 fan setup. I don't know all of the details, but there's a relay that NAPA carries (don't know the part number) but a search would probably pull it up.

That's all I remember at this time...

Y'know, I think you're right. I remember that the 2-speed version was also VERY hard to find because it was such a good fan to use in other vehicles too. I'll have to nose around on Pirate and see if I can dig up anything...

I'm curious again myself...

Here are a couple pics of the 18" electric fan installed.
fan.jpg
fan2.jpg

Hey.....I agree with what GNX7 stated about the Lincon Mark MKVII fan. I have used this fan on a couple high horsepower V8 street cars and never had an overheat condition (with a/c running high). Where as I also used a couple of 12 puller fans from scotts and it was not enough airflow to cool at idle (even with a big Be-Cool AL radiator). Add an oil cooler, V8 and an ac condensor and you have lots of problems. Vintage air has the fan and mounting bracket, with controler, for around $200. The last Lincoln fan that I bought was at a swap meet for $30. You may even be able to find one cheaper in the yards. I think they are primary cooling fans for '98 and up (I think). Any how to properly cool a radiator you need a shrould to direct the air flow through the radiator. In my opinion, a little money spent now will save you alot of time and trouble in the future. BTW...I have had great success building shrouds out of fiberglass. It's easy and quick to do and I never have had problems with them. Off my soapbox now.......Dave

atomicpunk said:
Here are a couple pics of the 18" electric fan installed.

nice ... and you don't need fan cover . ?

Tapage said:
nice ... and you don't need fan cover . ?
The instructions said to remove the shroud for best results. So far it has ran cool, even on 100 degree F Days. It has also given me more rom in the engine compartment.

atomicpunk said:
The instructions said to remove the shroud for best results. So far it has ran cool, even on 100 degree F Days. It has also given me more rom in the engine compartment.

Very interesting .. electric fan without shroud. Thanks Atomic ..

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom