Builds El Blanco GX470 build thread (1 Viewer)

Hey fellow GX470ers , just thought I would post my build thread for my 2008 GX470 I just got in Florida. As mentioned elsewhere, I was looking at 100 series, but most had high miles, deferred maintenance and got top dollar, so I looked at 200 series and the GX470. I test drove all and settled on the GX470 after chatting with owners who had several toyota over the years. This seemed to be the best for a mild build as this will be a daily driver and see some mild stuff off road.
The truck popped up on a-trader and I called right away. Salesman sent multiple pictures and I pulled the maintenance history and carfax and initiated the purchase. My girlfriend and I decided to fly to Florida and make a quick weekend of it so I will share a few pictures below.
imagejpeg_8.jpg
imagejpeg_8.jpg
imagejpeg_11.jpg

We made it to west Palm Beach a day late due to a missed connection, but all was fine. Inspection of car was perfect, just a few paint chips, and some surface rust on welds at radiator crossmember.
Stayed overnight and had a nice dinner and headed out on Saturday to the Kennedy space center. Had to stop at the outlets for a bit and then off to our destination.
Great gas mileage so far.
20160730_172640.jpg

Well, I week has gone buy and a few things are on order for the truck. I decided to get weather tech liners, I learned my lesson years ago when I tried to get cheap ones that smelled horrible.
I got the custom fit ones (pricy), and was at Costco tonight and they had the weather tech black rubber semicustom trim fit set of 4 mats for $40. Decisions......
20160805_212056.jpg

stevezero

SILVER Star
I got the precision molded mat for the rear cargo area when i bought my gx last month. I dont regret that purchase. I did not get the molded fronts and middle. I reused the fairly new mats from Roxy, the old car we traded in

Just an update on the 470. It got a nice polish and polymer wax and leather detail. Took the GX470 through its paces this weekend. Went to a great estate sale and finally got a nice dining room set, pictures, lamps and a few other pieces. The truck swallowed it all up in 3 trips. Seats are so easy to remove.
Here are a few pics.
20160813_112631.jpg
20160812_182910.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom