Eibach stage 1 on 20124runner sr5 (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hey All, could use some help and insight.
Wifes 4runner has started to sag almost a full inch on rear left drivers side.
I have a full eibach stage 1 installed 6/22 that felt and handled great all year.
Starting noticing the "sag" a few weeks ago.
Stock al wheels and brand new Falken Wildpeaks 265/70/17 stock size.
We DID have some issues with a repair on rear left... control arm, brake caliper, and parking brake back in Nov 22. This shop installed wrong damper/shock, but i did not notice at the time... on the road, death in family, wedding ( mine). Correct shock now installed.
Is there anything i should be looking at other than spring that could lead to this "sag?"
I am even 21.5" from rim center to fender on the front.
I have a gap of 23" on passenger side, fenders to rim c
Gap of 22" on drivers side.
I DID discover that previous shop had installed the wrong shock for same year Tundra. I now have correct shock on both rears.
Springs are same parts #, and install looks good incl bushings.
I'm getting ready to overnight a new set at my cost (eibach is studying the problem... still. Been talking to them.)
Had a shop confirm with a quick look that install looks good and no other obvious issue.

While i await my springs and beg around town for a level patch of tarmac on which to do the work ( i am traveling in motorhome and in a very small town), is there anything else i should look at? Closest mech is 90 mins and 2 weeks out so I am in sel-sufficiency mode.

IMG_1247.jpeg

IMG_1245.jpeg

IMG_1244.jpeg

IMG_1243.jpeg

IMG_1240.jpeg

More pics.
Get a little variety to the measurements in rear depending on how many times i lift and resettle the truck, but is always off from half to full inch.
Vehicle drives well with no noises.
I need to dolly my fj40 with this vehicle to my fall/ winter gig but not with it looking so bad. Assume handling on highway will devolve...
5 more pics

IMG_1243.jpeg

IMG_1240.jpeg

IMG_1239.jpeg

IMG_1236.jpeg

IMG_1238.jpeg

Did you get this resolved?

I'm hoping Eibach steps up. This is an obvious spring issue. Their quality is normally good as well as their customer service.

You're running Eibach shocks from a Tundra on the rear? I'm curious how that's working for you, I know the ones that are made specifically for the 4Runner are too short. I might suggest removing the rear springs and comparing them side by side. Maybe swap them from side to side. 4Runners are known to lean left. I have spacers under my left front and left rear OME springs that keep me level.

Did you get this resolved?

I'm hoping Eibach steps up. This is an obvious spring issue. Their quality is normally good as well as their customer service.
That's what i thought... but they weren't much help. This was weird. After loading it up with some weight and driving, appears normal now.

You're running Eibach shocks from a Tundra on the rear? I'm curious how that's working for you, I know the ones that are made specifically for the 4Runner are too short. I might suggest removing the rear springs and comparing them side by side. Maybe swap them from side to side. 4Runners are known to lean left. I have spacers under my left front and left rear OME springs that keep me level.
I never knew 4 runners had issues with "the lean". Could make sense that there was some factory correction to the stock springs that i lost when i upgraded the springs and shocks together.
Had the corrupt, negligent Mariana Toyota in Fl place wrong parts and screw up my whole alignment so i am unrolling their incompetence, checking parts and retorquing all.
Still don't know why this was so far off.
Once i weighted this down( towed my 40 on the Dolly) it seemed to resolve itself.

IMG_1259.jpeg

Mine is completely level, BUT... I have a spacer on the left rear spring and my left front spring has the spring seat one position higher than on the right side. Otherwise it would lean to the left.

OME has intentionally made springs longer for the drivers side of the 80 series Land Cruiser in Australia. So when springs are installed on LHD the springs that are designed for the Australia RHD need to be installed on the left side.

But that might not be the case for a vehicle that was not available in Australia.

1/2” difference is not anything I’d worry I’d worry about. 1” or more and I’d look at things. If Eibach says they don’t have a left/right specific coil, I’d shim it like others have above, and get on with life.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom