ECU reset button (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Just got a 96 rig...with no remote. I know I ain't that bright, but I can't find the "green" reset button on the ECU to save my life. Anyone have any hints, tips, or preferably pics?
I have a new remote and all the instructions to reprogram. But my blind ol' behind can't find the reset button. New remote looks nice on the keychain though...lol

There's no green reset button on the ECU. The ECU is for the engine management, nothing to do with your remote.

I assume you are looking to program the key into your remote/alarm system. If you have the standard system it will be under the driver's seat. That is the unit you need to push a button on to make it learn the new remote...

cheers,
george.

There's no green reset button on the ECU. The ECU is for the engine management, nothing to do with your remote.

I assume you are looking to program the key into your remote/alarm system. If you have the standard system it will be under the driver's seat. That is the unit you need to push a button on to make it learn the new remote...

cheers,
george.
Thanks, but there's nothing under the driver's seat. There is a harness with a 8 pin plug.

All the instructions I've read say it's behind the glove box. They say..." Turn the key to on, hold ECU programming switch for 3 seconds. Status LED comes on for 5 seconds. Press any button on the remote within 5 seconds." Not arguing, just confused.

Thanks, but there's nothing under the driver's seat. There is a harness with a 8 pin plug.

All the instructions I've read say it's behind the glove box. They say..." Turn the key to on, hold ECU programming switch for 3 seconds. Status LED comes on for 5 seconds. Press any button on the remote within 5 seconds." Not arguing, just confused.
Guessing I need to find a RS3000 to install.

You say "all the instructions...." - what are you referring too? Certainly not an 80 series manual.

Again, the ECU in our 80 series is not involved in talking to the remote.

The RS3000 is a common port installed alarm/remote system and normally lives under the driver's seat. Some folk hate the RS3000 due to problems they've had...

cheers,
george.

You say "all the instructions...." - what are you referring too? Certainly not an 80 series manual.

Again, the ECU in our 80 series is not involved in talking to the remote.

The RS3000 is a common port installed alarm/remote system and normally lives under the driver's seat. Some folk hate the RS3000 due to problems they've had...

cheers,
george.
All, as in everything I can find on programming a new remote. Unfortunately the vehicle I just bought only came with one key, and no manuals. Working on getting an owner's manual and shop manual. My assumption is that the RS3000 is the ECU they are talking about. As in "electronic controll unit" verses "engine controll unit" (which is what's behind the glove box).

Appears I made the mistake of figuring all Land Cruisers came with remote entry.

Thanks for the info and feedback.

IF it has/had the RS3000 port installed security system...the 'unit' will located under the drivers seat. The only things that live behind the glove box (directly behind) are pretty much all A/C related.

If there is nothing under the driver's seat, than I don't think you have a RS3000. That's where they were on my '93 and '95 when I removed them. IMHO you don't want one of those. But then again, IMHO alarms in general suck.

I could care less about an alarmed, would rather not have one, what I would like is remote entry. I'd like to be able to lock and unlock it from outside of the vehicle.

I could care less about an alarmed, would rather not have one, what I would like is remote entry. I'd like to be able to lock and unlock it from outside of the vehicle.
I can lock and unlock my car from outside my vehicle with this thing called a key ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom