EcoFlow RIVER, RIVER Max, and RIVER Pro Power Stations Experience (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I recently purchased an EcoFlow RIVER Pro and couldn't really find much info on ih8mud - wanted to start a thread to collect everyone's data and experience with it.

Review Videos (caution: some are sponsored or get commission, others are pre-production)
EcoFlow RIVER Pro Portable Power Station, Review and Testing
EcoFlow RIVER Pro Unbox Demo and Tear down
Ecoflow R600 Max: Should you buy it?
Ecoflow R600 Part 2: Did the Firmware Upgrade Fix the Problems?
EcoFlow River Pro First Impression

@z531519 and @trdtoyotrk recently purchased one and may be able to share some of their experiences.

Please see the attached User Manual in an attempt to head-off a bunch of "what can it do" questions.

My RIVER arrives next week (5/13/2021), happy to answer questions and run tests if you are interested when it arrives.

Attachments

• EcoFlow_RIVER_Pro_User_Manual.pdf
    1.3 MB · Views: 248
Last edited:
Looks like spam to me...and it wil be treated as such if OP doesn't reply soon.

BTW Amazon has "coupons" for the EcoFlow River, Max, and Pro ($50, $70, and $100 off respectively). The River Pro is of particular interest as for the discounted price of $550 you get 720 watt-hours...that's $0.76 per watt-hour! The forum favorites of Jackery Explorer 500 (sale price $419/518 whr = $0.81/whr) and Bluetti AC50 (sale price $370/500 whr = $0.74/whr) straddle it, but with IMHO far less compelling value. For me, the 720whr size was the sweet spot for a power pack beating out a dual battery setup on cost and performance for powering a 12v fridge (ICECO VL45). Your mileage may vary.

It is not spam - it is a great device which should be considered in a updated overlanding powersetup at 2021 ;)

I did went the way with crowdfunding to get one of the Ecoflow R600 Pro. Lucky me, because it will not hit the market with lifepo4. But the Ecoflow River Pro is near the same with Lithium batterys. The shipping did arrive late, at december 2020.

I did remove my 95 AH Battery, a 25a DC DC Booster, a 600w Sine-Inverter, a Wall Charger and cables - it was 35kg - 77 lbs. And I just add this small and lightweigt Ecoflow device with 8.5kg / 18.7lbs.

offgrid-battery-box-solar-Ecoflow-R600pro-review-hands-on-test-vanlife-overlanding.JPG

Here is my detailed review and new setup:

It is a perfect fit for overlanding purpose! Did was able to stay a week self-sufficent offgrid just with solar (and still full batterys afterwards). Would work too in a boat, a tiny house or similar.

There are severall competitor products - but no one was able to fulfil our need that well.

Surfy

Hello guys, i have a 80 series and I was contemplating the same thing whether should get a dual battery set up or get a portable power station such as the ecoflow pro (lithium ion, super fast charging even from 12v) or bluetti eb70 (LiFePO4 baterry). I have the skills of wiring in a dual battery system but the portable power stations seem to be a better option for me at this time due to all inclusive package on the go that can be transferred to another vehicle quickly or if camping away from the car, the portable power station can be taken there.

What is everyone's experience on this?

it seems to me that if you don't need the auxiliary battery to start the truck, then yes, a separate self-contained lithium device with built-in inverter etc seems like a very good way to go. Light, portable, versatile etc. If you do want to be able to use the backup battery to start the truck, then it's a bit more complicated, I would think.

I was thinking i could charge my noco like device from the portable power station and then jump battery if i needed to.

Sure, although, IIANM, some of those jumpers take a long time to charge, so -if that's the case for yours- that might be a consideration too.

Hello guys, i have a 80 series and I was contemplating the same thing whether should get a dual battery set up or get a portable power station such as the ecoflow pro (lithium ion, super fast charging even from 12v) or bluetti eb70 (LiFePO4 baterry). I have the skills of wiring in a dual battery system but the portable power stations seem to be a better option for me at this time due to all inclusive package on the go that can be transferred to another vehicle quickly or if camping away from the car, the portable power station can be taken there.

I did not regret to remove my classic power setup. I had severall outings with the ecoflow device and it keeps my engel compressor fridge running and has enough juice left for notebook, tablet, light and drones.

12v from cigarette powerplug keep it charged during driving days. Solar power keep the battery full at campdays.

And I not have to go out into my rig to get 110v/220v electric power on a blackout - I just can get my battery pack. And I love the additional space in my rig I did won back.

trippin

the setup worked well for me. I keep it charging while driving, then i also setup another panel for extended stay for extra juice in keeping it charged. I had a power hungry fridge this last 2 week trip, combination of hot weather and us constantly swapping bottles of water so we can drink cold water. That kept the fridge running but i was able to keep the River Pro charged. I did manage to drain it to zero. I thought i plugged in everything but must have messed something up. It did not charge while we were out hiking a full day. It was 100F out, the fridge pretty much ran the whole time and drained it to zero. Thankfully no spoiled food, frozen stuff still frozen and kept everything cool. The fast charging option is nice, but i didn't really take advantage of it.

Nice to use the USB-C to power my MBP, and the inverter was used to charge stuff and run a Ryobi Fan (helps feed AC to my rear passengers!)

I also have a NOCO, i keep it topped off so it's ready when I need it. Otherwise, my main batt is constantly topped off since it's also hooked up to a solar charger.

Last edited:
I purchased the River over the 4th and used it with my arb fridge stand alone. I was able to get about a day and a half on one charge. I exchanged it for the MAX for double the watts and am currently trying that . I believe with driving for charging it should work very well. Normally we are moving about most days so it should stay charged up. Im most likely going to add a solar panel and I personally feel that this will be a better setup for my uses than going with a dual battery system. What pushed me over the edge was the ability to move it from vehicle to vehicle. This will keep me from having to wire up additional full time charging points in all my different trucks.

Reposting here since it's probably more relevant in this forum:

Costco has the EcoFlow RIver Pro and Delta stuff on sale again. Plus a deal on membership if you don't have one. Quoted online prices get a 5% surcharge if you don't have a membership and they are currently running a promo where you get a $40 gift card in mail and a $40 code through email off an $250 online purchase when you sign up for membership. The fine print says the code is emailed in 1 to 2 weeks, but I decided not to wait for it to use on my EcoFlow purchase, as the inventory went pretty quick last time these were on sale.

The River Pro for $429.99 seems like a pretty good way to get your feet wet in the power station game. I went ahead and ordered the extra battery too. I don't know how useful it will be, so I teetered on that decision a bit. The one hour charge time to a wall outlet with no power brick to me is the biggest selling point on these.

https://www.costco.com/CatalogSearch?dept=All&keyword=ecoflow

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom