Easy tpms sensors (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I got some new 35’s and wheels and, due to the age of my tpms sensors in my old tires and wheels (light was always on), I figured id skip having new tpms installed initially.

When I went back to look into installing them, the local sams club (who installs them for $48 each w 5 year warranty) said there would be issues with their universal tpms on older Toyotas (I’ve got a 2011 lx570)…he said there would also likely be issues with 35’s since their corporation has strict parameters regarding working on vehicles larger than oem tires.

Thus he recommended oem tpms sensors and an install with another shop.

It seemed like a hassle

I installed a $42 external tpms system onto my alpha equipt wheels…seems pretty good so far. The screen readout tells me psi and temperature…and is oriented to each tire.

The sensor sticks out just slightly from the protective sheath on the alpha equipt wheels…batteries are user replaceable.

If you’re looking for an easy tpms addition to an extra set of wheels, trailer, or temp, these aren’t too bad for $40.

Tire Pressure Monitoring System TPMS, Wireless Tire Pressure Monitor Adjustable display angle with 4 Waterproof External Sensors Auto Alarm Real-time Display Temperature Pressure(0- 6 Bar / 0- 87Psi) https://a.co/d/3UAG5Qn

02F7FBE6-8BBF-4196-9947-22FCC2C7C528.jpeg

833B8B47-CDE8-4DB5-B0DB-D440EC480D20.jpeg

I used those on other older cars made way before TPMS was a thing. They are Ok. The only issue is that they need to seal well as they are the only thing that prevents the air from escaping from the tire. There is the hassle of taking them off when inflating the tire but if you do not deflate for off road it is acceptable.
For our trucks I see that as a temporary solution until tire replacement time.

I used those on other older cars made way before TPMS was a thing. They are Ok. The only issue is that they need to seal well as they are the only thing that prevents the air from escaping from the tire. There is the hassle of taking them off when inflating the tire but if you do not deflate for off road it is acceptable.
For our trucks I see that as a temporary solution until tire replacement time.

Yeah good point, if they don’t hold the air in, they’ll have to come off.

Nice thing about the alpha equipt wheels is that there are two tire stems…so I leave this on one of the tire stems and use the other one for airing up and down.

have you found a way to disable the OEM TPMS warning? are you running another set in a pressurized vessel for the purpose of spoofing the yellow triangle dash light?

have you found a way to disable the OEM TPMS warning? are you running another set in a pressurized vessel for the purpose of spoofing the yellow triangle dash light?
I’ve not looked into making the tpms light go away, though that would be nice.

It would also be nice if there were programmable external tpms that would work with our vehicle Computer…then you could replace your own batteries rather than needing to purchase new oem sensors and pay someone to install…you could also then swap the external sensors onto the appropriate tires so that, rather than just seeing a list of pressures on the dash, you would know for sure which ones were which by always keeping a certain sensor on a certain tire.

It would also be nice if there were programmable external tpms that would work with our vehicle Computer…then you could replace your own batteries rather than needing to purchase new oem sensors and pay someone to install…

Stock senders go a really long time and are generally problem-free until the battery dies. I'd just have a preventive maintenance strategy of tossing new Pacific Industries (who makes them for toyota) sensors in when you change tires around the 7-8 year mark. No cost to install, get another 7-8 years easily, no lights on the dash. Organizing which tire is which on the readout takes 15 minutes to change pressures and check feedback the first time, then any movement with tire rotations can be noted.

All of that said.. this is an intriguing option when needed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom