early wiper wiring questions (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I have a 1965 fj40 that I have just rewired. I never had wipers that were hooked up so now Im in the process of taking care of that. My truck has two wiper motors there are three terminals on each motor. they are wired in tandom but sum time they work together and somes times they are out of sink and if im unlucky only one works. what is the wiring for these things and is there only one speed? any help is apperciated
keith

I have 2 speeds on my 66, one speed for the right and one for the left.

The switch is just single speed, on/off.

O.K. then my question is why the three terminals on each motor. One is the ground. the second is the power/on and the third IS? Also how do i get them to work together? thanks for the help so far
Keith

One is the ground. the second is the power/on and the third IS? Also how do i get them to work together? thanks for the help so far
Keith

Park.

And, you don't.

And before you ask why it's because the motors do not have the same resistance due to manufacturing tolerances.

The question asked by everyone with the two wiper motors

:zilla:I have the same issue and I am currently adapting a late model cable system from a 72 FJ40. I have to say, I often wonder when driving in the rain with out of synch wipers - what the person who first purchased my 67 Fj40 thought when he ran into his first down pour. Probably "this can't be the way this is supposed to work" and turned around and drove back to the dealer.
:cookie::cookie::cookie::cookie::cookie::cookie::cookie::cookie::cookie::cookie:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom