Early 2005 model year vs. 5/05 plus Rear hatch (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Can someone please explain the differences in the upper rear hatch (deck lid) are in an early 2005 vs. a 5/05 are? I found one to replace my 2005 (10/04 build date) but it’s a post 5/05 salvage vehicle. Any way to modify? Thanks.

* My 2005 (10/04 build) has nav and camera.

Last edited:
Does anyone know if it just won’t bolt on or if there is some other fitment issue? I wanted to bolt on an 2006.

All the hatches I’ve seen are the same structurally. The only difference has been in electronics or trim.

Any hatch should bolt up.

All the hatches I’ve seen are the same structurally. The only difference has been in electronics or trim.

Any hatch should bolt up.

Thanks for the replay. I feel it shouldn’t be that different. I can steal anything for the old one I need. I was mostly worried about the fixed points being different or hinges not being compatible.

I put a 2005 on my '01... zero mounting difference.... the wiring was different from the plug in the truck to the hatch... and the new one had the camera. Anywho... I just left the camera (covers the hole) and used my old hatch wiring... comes out very easy, just take your time. all in all maybe spent an hour at most.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom