Dynamic Wheel balancer (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads

Putting it up there. I chunked the Toyo MT’s really bad last summer. I had them rebalanced, which wasn’t
cheap. The weights have came off. I use Stealth Custom Series wheels, they are beautiful and I’m very
happy with them. The issue is the tires and the wheels use glue on weights. But the tires still have life
on the tread, and I’ve come across these dynamic balances and want to know if anyone has any
experience with them?
The company is based in Alvarado Texas. I’d have to look that up.

Considering the cost of balancing tires and the amout of givvafuk required, these seem like a good option for set it and forget it.

Your actual problem may just be the toyos.

Your actual problem may just be the toyos.
No, the problem was siping the Toyo’s. The trip to Tuktoyaktuk was 2000 kilometres of
sharp blast rock and crap. I had a long discussion with the owner of a tire / repair shop
in Inuvik on the way south. They used to sipe tires, but the blast rock at highway speeds just
eats em up! One thing to go 30 or so on a back road, nice an easy. Another thing entirely
cruising at speed. The Toyo‘s won’t let me down, honestly if I didn’t have a spare I would be
less than worried. But the new set aren’t siped. Lesson learned.

I’ve run centramatics on three of my dodge Cummins pickups over the years. They are really nice.
I didn’t know they made them for our cruisers otherwise I’d have them already!
The best thing is that they are “set it and forget it”, No more messing with weights! You should see the looks you get at the tire shop when you tell them not to balance the wheels/tires! You’d think you were speaking a different language to them 🤣🤣🤣! Hilarious.
Let us know if you get a set and how you like them.
I may have to get a set too!

I ran them from 2008 to 2015 on my BJ74, when on a tire rotation I noticed I could not feel or hear the beads moving in the ring on two of them. I emailed the manufacturer to see if they were serviceable and they are not (were not at that time, do not know about now). I elected to not buy two new ones. They helped me run some old hard to balance 35x10.5R16 SSR's and worked well.

Unless they have changed the design you can not run them on a stock setup. I have 1.5" spacers, which gives the room necessary to clear the calipers. Shoot them an email to see if that is still the same. "Jerry" was the person I was emailing back and forth with in late 2015 and is aware of the fitment issue.

hth's
gb

I ran them from 2008 to 2015 on my BJ74, when on a tire rotation I noticed I could not feel or hear the beads moving in the ring on two of them. I emailed the manufacturer to see if they were serviceable and they are not (were not at that time, do not know about now). I elected to not buy two new ones. They helped me run some old hard to balance 35x10.5R16 SSR's and worked well.

Unless they have changed the design you can not run them on a stock setup. I have 1.5" spacers, which gives the room necessary to clear the calipers. Shoot them an email to see if that is still the same. "Jerry" was the person I was emailing back and forth with in late 2015 and is aware of the fitment issue.

hth's
gb
I will contact them now. Seems like a good idea that has experience. My wheels are 17”
so I would think they will clear calipers. Was it a local dealer? I didn’t get as far as sourcing
local dealer in BC

IIRC I ordered from the USA. It was so long ago it's worth asking where's the best spot to purchase from in today's environment.

I've got 16" wheels. It's not the diameter that's the problem. The balancer is a thin plate that gets sandwiched between the back of the wheel and the offset on the disc. The side of the calipers are the issue. My 1.5" spacers provide enough gap this was not a problem. I suspect unless they have changed the design it will still be a problem in stock setup. I never did look or measure what the minimum spaced required is.

hth's
gb

you could also use tire beads, their pretty much just airsoft pellets. innovativebalancing.com/
These ones I like. The Centramatic are expensive, not to mention the nearest dealer
is 600 miles from here. As also mentioned, not rebuildable so if there are issues makes it
problematic. I’ll see how these are

These ones I like. The Centramatic are expensive, not to mention the nearest dealer
is 600 miles from here. As also mentioned, not rebuildable so if there are issues makes it
problematic. I’ll see how these are

the centramatics are a good product, I know someon that had them on his trucks for the moving company that he used to own (think 20-14 ft box trucks) and they worked well. so good that he bought a set for his old military box truck with 37 inch military tires.

I figured that the beads would be easier to buy or source an alternative as its just plastic beads

I like the beads, as first choice lower initial cost to see how they work out.
Once this set of tires wears out, I wouldn’t need the steel balancer as I’ll not
be siping tires again.

I got a good answer back from Dynabeads today. I’ll paste it here, quite well spoken and good
info for people just to think about. Realizing my tires are half life, siped and chunked.

The reality is that Dyna Beads cannot do miracles. The quantity in the list is for NEW factory balanced tires. USED TIRES are much harder to balance due to things like radial ply creep and tread checking.

That being said, I would try using the LARGE beads. The large beads tend to move to the balance point quicker and reduce "off the line" balancing time. Start at the 8oz mark and add more if the problem persists. The down side of the Large beads is that you need to break the bead to install them as they dont fit through the valve stem. The small beads could work but the would take a few more rotations to get to the right spot when you start driving.

We had a 97 Jeep TJ with 36" IROK tires that ran flawlessly even after the tires were "Trail bitten" but we did add some beads to make up for it eventually.”

So no guarantee, and this dealer is literally 2000 miles away so shipping and costs prohibit experimenting,
Looks like I will go back to OK tire and clean up the rims and try a new normal balance.

Took my tires to OK Tire to rebalance finally the other day. The owner, who I’ve known for
25 yrs, just wouldn’t talk about tire beads. Said they were more trouble than they are worth
and won’t go near them. So the rebalance seems OK now.....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom