Drove my new GX470 home yesterday and kept it 70 - 75 mpg. What's your average highway speeds? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Mine runs better on 85 at altitude than it does at sea level on premium lol

Don’t get me started on how at Costco in Colorado you only have the choice between 91 & 85!!! So I end up putting 91 in my ‘04 since the Costco 91 is cheaper than 87 elsewhere. They claim the altitude allows for use of 85 but to me that’s too low.....and to stay on subject, I simply follow the speed limit signs....boring I know
E85? Has excessive alcohol content see caution in owners manual. 91 is only safe bet and I do likewise. But truck does perform better including mpg (so long as lead foot use limited)

E85? Has excessive alcohol content see caution in owners manual. 91 is only safe bet and I do likewise. But truck does perform better including mpg (so long as lead foot use limited)

No not E85. 85 octane gasoline instead of 87 octane that they sell in lower altitudes

Drove the GX470 from Monterey to Los Angeles yesterday and kept it below my typical highway speeds. When I picked it up and hit the surface streets, I was extremely impressed with its power and comfort. However, I was underwhelmed when I finally hit the highway. I was under the impression this V8 with 270hp would be a beast on the highway, but I felt it struggled to maintain a top speed at 80mph. It was also tough getting through the Grapevine - for those that know it, I can be painful.

Since I'm new to this community, I'm probably not aware that this is common. What's everyone's speed limit when driving long distance?
What car are you coming from? The GX is no Corvette or ISF...🤷‍♂️. My Honda Odyssey has similar horsepower, less torque, but can blow the doors off my GX.

My GX weighs 6600# with fuel so I am not expecting to win any races anymore lol

No not E85. 85 octane gasoline instead of 87 octane that they sell in lower altitudes
Good point I stand corrected, but living next door to Iowa all “85” is corn fed-ethanol based. Anyway just try a few tankful of 93 octane and see if you notice a diff. In acceleration and mileage ( w/o a lead foot). I think of it as giving Lexi a treat now and then. We all personify our cars don’t we?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom