Drop Down gate part (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Got a drop down gate that came with FJ40 factory soft top and the FJ45 SWB but didn't the license plate bracket and light. Any ideas on where to buy this. I am posted on parts wanted.

Just went through this with mine, first you need to know which bracket it takes, there is an early and late style, early style has a single light above the license plate, late style has double lights above the plate, you didnt say what year 40 you have and who knows, the drop gate may have been changed, there should be a support spot welded to the gate where the plate bracket would go, the early style sticks out from the gate surface 2" and has a 3/4" hole dead center flanked by 2 , 1/8" holes, this is the upper mount location, there wil also be 2, 7mm captive nuts on the lower part of the gate that hold the lower mount, this would be the early, single light style, the later double light style has a support that sticks out 3/8" from the gate surface, it should have 3, 1/8" holes in a triangle pattern, this is the mounting location for the later style, there is no lower mount for the late style.
Marks Off Road has both. If you need some pics, PM me with an email, I havent spent the time to figure how to post pics. Steve :cool:

theres one on ebay right now. otherwise I got mine new from toyota a few months ago

Tunnelratt

Thanks for the info. This is about a drop down I bought for my 70 FJ40 and have no idea what year the gate is. Just like the looks of it and this truck will never have a top on it. Will drive the 60 in wintertime. The mount has one large hole and two small ones.

I don't know how to post pictures but my e is kbill45@cableone.net and I will send pics. Thanks Bill

okie - I went all the way through ebay parts and accessories yesterday and didn't find this part. Could you send an item number.
Thanks

Thanks for the info. This is about a drop down I bought for my 70 FJ40 and have no idea what year the gate is. Just like the looks of it and this truck will never have a top on it. Will drive the 60 in wintertime. The mount has one large hole and two small ones.

I don't know how to post pictures but my e is kbill45@cableone.net and I will send pics. Thanks Bill

okie - I went all the way through ebay parts and accessories yesterday and didn't find this part. Could you send an item number.
Thanks

Sounds like you have the early style, I will shoot you pics of both. Steve:cool:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom