Drop brackets from hell (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Website
www.shopraddcruisers.ca
Though people may enjoy seeing another fresh off the boat 80 series mega lift.

The truck is very clean and has lockers, we took out the killer spacers and lowered it for him.
DSC00225.JPG
DSC00226.JPG
DSC00228.JPG

holy crap, was that front DS operational? Shoot some pics with the current setup.

Thats a pretty fancy support bracket for the front dshaft.

yeah, self centering bushing right?
cripes, that's sad.

What are you talking about? That thing's a PUFF............:hillbilly:

If I were going to go to the trouble of importing a rig, I would think I'd try to find the cleanest one in stock condition. When people have modded a rig like that, who knows what else they may have done. You can always mod a stock rig, but it's hard to undo the damage a careless PO has done when they did their own version of modding.

Am I alone here or does this seem kinda weird to import rigs like this?

well...that's one way to do it...

and I thought I did booty fab

If I were going to go to the trouble of importing a rig, I would think I'd try to find the cleanest one in stock condition. When people have modded a rig like that, who knows what else they may have done. You can always mod a stock rig, but it's hard to undo the damage a careless PO has done when they did their own version of modding.

Am I alone here or does this seem kinda weird to import rigs like this?

If that thing is from Japan like most of them are, it's probably never been off road, probably has very low miles on it and probably wasn't even driven very much with that lift. Probably more just for static show. So, you're still very likely getting a nice clean rig that can hopefully be returned to a more reasonable condition.

Besides, if it's a diesel, it's worth it's weight in gold in parts alone. And apparently importing these 15+ year old rigs is a breeze for the lucky Canadians.

Really can't see how well it's fabbed/welded, but if it does not break, and everything aligns good, what's wrong with home made brackets? The lift itself might be a little too much for my taste, but if the driveshafts are "somehow" turning fine, then you can run around town all day long like that.
Nice rig. All the FZJ's are just jealous :cheers:

Really can't see how well it's fabbed/welded, but if it does not break, and everything aligns good, what's wrong with home made brackets? The lift itself might be a little too much for my taste, but if the driveshafts are "somehow" turning fine, then you can run around town all day long like that.
Nice rig. All the FZJ's are just jealous :cheers:

That front driveshaft is not turning, hence the bungee cord holding it up.

If that thing is from Japan like most of them are, it's probably never been off road, probably has very low miles on it and probably wasn't even driven very much with that lift. Probably more just for static show. So, you're still very likely getting a nice clean rig that can hopefully be returned to a more reasonable condition.

Besides, if it's a diesel, it's worth it's weight in gold in parts alone. And apparently importing these 15+ year old rigs is a breeze for the lucky Canadians.

from what i've been told, the japanesse beat the snot out of thier rigs.

Prolly Ok on the road.

Bias ply swampers must really suck, I will take a shot of the tire weights, unreal.

Looks like it has never been of road, no chasis scars.

With the spacers out I measured 8 inches between bumpstop and axle? Thinking its close to 6 inch lift?

Rear axle when full stuffed pushes into the rear mud flap first, might need to shorten the adjustable links.

Will shoot some pics tomorrow.

Rob

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom