drivers window headache (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I have an 87 hj60 canadian high mileage, just put new clutch in her so runs good

But I am having a pain with drivers window,
the issue being that my drivers window does not stay in its track when winding up
I thought the regulator was gone but took it out and it is actually fine. so I put it back in

I know this is a petty question but I have been looking all over the net and cannot see what I am missing.

is there something that holds the window in its track as you roll it up

thanks you for your valuable time

Kent

You may find that there may be a rubber liner in the window track that has fallen out and is sitting in the bottom of your door. Clean it up and reinstall it in the track. You may have to glue it.
It's also somewhat possible I'm remembering a window in a completely different truck, so apologies if I'm way off base...

thank you kindly
but the rubber liner is in place - in this case it is part of the door not part of the window

is there something that makes it stay in the rubber

cheers

is there something that makes it stay in the rubber

I filled the track with solvent-borne contact cement, put cement on the glass, squished it together (all while still wet), and let it dry for 2 days. Happened to my driver's side rear window. Has worked fine since. I suspect your rubber has lost whatever 'grip' it ever had on the glass, due to age.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom