Drivers fender bent?? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
My 70 FJ40's drivers side fender is bent. I was wondering if that was stock for some weird reason, because i see alot of them. and its not like its bent bad, just the outside corner is pushed down a little bit, and the blinker is till level, so im puzzled ??? lol, also on my glovebox where it explains the 4wd shifting it says not to put it into low range while you are in 2wd. Ive done it before and was wondering what it does, I cant see i messing up anything. will it???

Yes!! The fender on my 40 is bent similarly to what you describe. I believe it is because the PO rolled it onto that side, on his way into the pond. Perhaps your PO ended up in the same pond! Is your rig undercoated with impervious clay?

A lot of people successfully drive in 2WD low.

Yeah my drivers fender is out of wack to...oh that might be from the roll over? :D

i have four drivers fenders with two cruisers all with the same bend, also two that are cracking on the underside outer lip.

no kidding but one of the cruisers had been flopped on the passenger rear. some weird rotational inertia bent the front driver fender?

along the same lines, does anyone have a small dent on the slope closest to the door on the front fender? say just about were the open part of the cowl meets the fender. got three out of 7 fenders have this little dent.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom