Drivers door lock cylinder (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
My 2004 has a worn out(beyond repair per locksmith) drivers door lock cylinder. Discontinued by Lexus. Any help finding one would be appreciated.
Also, would it be possible to take the guts from the passenger side and install in right side?

Yes, but leave the pass side and get a cylinder online (most toyota cylinders work). Much easier than pulling pass side apart

beyond repair per locksmith)
AKA: “too much time and we’re lazy”.

You can rebuild the cylinder yourself in 1 hour using a $40 tumbler and spring kit from UHS Hardware…

AKA: “too much time and we’re lazy”.

You can rebuild the cylinder yourself in 1 hour using a $40 tumbler and spring kit from UHS Hardware…
Any tutorials on this? don’t see any on the site and my pops and I have very little experience other than rebuilding my 80 series actuators. Thanks!

get the door handle out of the vehicle

Take the door handle +with key barrel to a bench top/clean area as there are tiny springs hiding behind the tumblers. Insert the key into the key barrel, then remove the lock clip on the other end of the barrel and pull the tumbler unit out of the housing (keep the key in). While the key is inside the tumbler unit, hold the tumblers from your fingers (both sides). Carefully remove the key and then slowly remove your fingers (tumblers won't shoot out). Remove a tumbler and the spring out. Install the new..

get the door handle out of the vehicle

Take the door handle +with key barrel to a bench top/clean area as there are tiny springs hiding behind the tumblers. Insert the key into the key barrel, then remove the lock clip on the other end of the barrel and pull the tumbler unit out of the housing (keep the key in). While the key is inside the tumbler unit, hold the tumblers from your fingers (both sides). Carefully remove the key and then slowly remove your fingers (tumblers won't shoot out). Remove a tumbler and the spring out. Install the new..
Thanks! One question.. will we need the key for the donor cylinder to remove the tumbler our just the original one that we insert into the donor?

Again, thanks for the reply’s!

Thanks! One question.. will we need the key for the donor cylinder to remove the tumbler our just the original one that we insert into the donor?

Again, thanks for the reply’s!
Why are you using a donor cylinder? If it’s not a new cylinder then I wouldn’t pilfer tumblers from it because they’re likely worn. I recommend getting this kit of new tumblers and springs:

You could rebuild all 3 lock cylinders and the ignition cylinder with that kit.

Why are you using a donor cylinder? If it’s not a new cylinder then I wouldn’t pilfer tumblers from it because they’re likely worn. I recommend getting this kit of new tumblers and springs:

You could rebuild all 3 lock cylinders and the ignition cylinder with that kit.
This is the part that the locksmith said is worn and causing the problem.

771ED914-AD6E-4D3C-A2E8-01C0F9F22E3A.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom