Driver side window not working (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
As the title states, my driver-side window is not working, and I plan to order a new motor and regulator. Looking online, prices range from $45 to about $120.....I'm new to this, so can someone point me in the right direction regarding brands or where to order from? If there is a specific part you recommend, please let me know, thank you.

To clarify the widow will come down perfectly but it takes several clicks of the button to get it back up. Right now it's currently down as I was unable to get it to close.

You sure the motor is the problem? Could be the master control switch. That was the issue with mine. Switch doctor has the replacement piece for a reasonable price.

You sure the motor is the problem? Could be the master control switch. That was the issue with mine. Switch doctor has the replacement piece for a reasonable price.
That would be my guess as well. If it goes down it's probably not the motor. I used Switch doctor for one of my Subarus, decent quality. People have had some success with cleaning up the contacts on the switch, too.

Same here. Like $25 for the Switch Doctor one. Original would be better, but this one has worked flawlessly.

Hey guys, I installed the switch doctor and the problem still remains. The part I took out was also a switch doctor so it looks like it's been done before. What's the next step towards getting this thing to go back up? Thanks!

Are you still able to get it up with a couple clicks, and then it works fine going down? Well shoot, I don’t know. If nothing works now you could check if motor is dead. I believe you would just disconnect the wiring to it and apply 12 volts directly.

if youre handy with tools take the motor out and clean where the brush contacts the armature. They get a buildup of carbon over the years and when in the fully down position can fail to operate because of this. Happened to mine earlier this year and has been fine since i cleaned it.

as per previous post above as well you can apply power direct to the plug for the motor and then reverse the polarity to make it go the other way to test the motor too. If this works then your switch contacts may need cleaning as well

similar to this video

Last edited:
Not sure if your problem is the same as mine, but this was happening to me (especially in cold weather) and the little vinyl/plastic rollers in the tracks of the scissor-like mechanism that operates the window eventually deleted themselves and my window glass fell into the door. Not fun.

Ultimately the problem was that the glass runs had become old and brittle, causing the glass to go slightly askew in the tracks. Over time, this stressed the lift mechanism to the point of failure.

If your window glass is still stuck in the door and you need to help it up now (it's winter, after all), you can take the trim off the door panel by gently popping the plastic "plugs" out of the door metal. Be careful, the plugs love to break and the trim is essentially cardboard-backed and tears easily. After that, carefully remove the plastic weather sheeting. Now you'll be able to see the glass and lift mechanism. You can hit the switch with one hand and gently help the lift mechanism/glass up with the other hand. This is a good opportunity to check the state of the components and their level of lubrication or lack thereof.

I replaced the following and the window operates SO MUCH smoother:
-Power Window Regulator 69802-60010
-Power Window Lift Channel 69902-60010
-Power Window Glass Run 68151-60010

These are cosmetic, but mine were cracked:
-Door Handle Bezel 69278-60010-03
-Door Trim 67492-60020

I generally use Ourisman (formerly McGeorge) Toyota Parts Online. Usually the prices aren't insane, and I think they're running a big sale right now.

Last edited:
If money is tight, throw in a window regulator and motor assembly from AISIN. I have a Dorman assembly I threw in 3 years ago, to this day it works perfectly and all I did was lubricate the runs. $75

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom