Drain Cock on Radiator - Quick and Easy Help Needed (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

fzj

Threads
We are currently trying to drain the radiator on a 1994 Landcruiser and perhaps our crew is made up of idiots, but we can't find the draincock to easily drain the radiator.

Why can't we find it?

Where should we be looking?

Thanks for the help.

Re:Drain c%^k on Radiator - Quick and Easy Help Needed

Bottom corner on inside drivers side. Its easier to feel than see. It is a plastic wingnut painted black. When you get it removed scrape of the paint so you can see it better next time.

Drain c%^k on Radiator - Quick and Easy Help Needed

How can I best grab it? I still can't find it. Perhaps you have a picture? When you say inside, you mean the side of the radiator closest to the engine block, right?

It is located in the engine compartment, on the lower left (driver's side) corner of the radiator......... it is a little difficult to see, but look for a plastic winged plug......... mine was unpainted and white. You can get a pair of pliers on it. When you find it and loosen it, have a bucket ready, because the coolant will come out from many different locations due to obstruction in the way. Draining it slowly will reduce the mess. Now get out there and find that drain c*%k......

Wayne S :cheers:

Looks like we may have had a couple to many drinks for this simple project, we evetualy found it right were you said it would be, but we found it alot easier to get to after removing the small skid plate up front.

on my 96 I was able to get it from the top, just shoved my arm between the distributor and radiator about elbow deep tight fit but I was able

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom