Doug Thorley headers - GX470 - anyone? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
On my "maybe someday" list are new Doug Thorley (short tube) headers for my '08 GX470.

A few owners claim they make a very noticeable power difference but these all seem to be back East. If anyone local with a GX has this or get this anytime coming up, please ping me as I'd like to feel the difference myself.

Cheers.....

I have them on my 100, they made a noticeable difference. The headers + a full exhaust gained probably 30hp or so by feel.

If you were trying to design a mainfold to flow as little as possible, it would end up looking a lot like the stock manifolds.

On my "maybe someday" list are new Doug Thorley (short tube) headers for my '08 GX470.

A few owners claim they make a very noticeable power difference but these all seem to be back East. If anyone local with a GX has this or get this anytime coming up, please ping me as I'd like to feel the difference myself.

Cheers.....
I'm midway through a short tube header install in an 07 GX 470. It's a driveway job on jackstands and I can only manage a few hours wrenching at a time, so I'm also 2 weeks in. EEK
For me the issue was forced (full weld let loose on driver side cat).

I NEED to wrap this up in the next 2 weeks so hopefully buttoning it back up will be shorter. I've got both manifolds off one cat cut to spec and dealing with test fitting around the studs. I'll have to pull several on the driver's side to test fit and thread them back into the holes..
But, my trials and tribulations are documented in my build thread.

I'm midway through a short tube header install in an 07 GX 470. It's a driveway job on jackstands and I can only manage a few hours wrenching at a time, so I'm also 2 weeks in. EEK
For me the issue was forced (full weld let loose on driver side cat).

I NEED to wrap this up in the next 2 weeks so hopefully buttoning it back up will be shorter. I've got both manifolds off one cat cut to spec and dealing with test fitting around the studs. I'll have to pull several on the driver's side to test fit and thread them back into the holes..
But, my trials and tribulations are documented in my build thread.

Haven't been logged in in a while, any updates?

I'd swing by to help out for an afternoon but Utah is a touch outside my "good guy" driving distance....:)

Haven't been logged in in a while, any updates?

I'd swing by to help out for an afternoon but Utah is a touch outside my "good guy" driving distance....:)
@tlin

Yup!!

The saga begins here!
🍿
Enjoy!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom