Door panel installation questions (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi all,
I am putting my door panels on and have run into an issue that someone must have solved already. When I put on the butyl tape for the moisture barrier, I may have used too thick material or didn't get it in the right place because my door clips will not click in. Anyone else have this issue? I am thinking I could put a spacer between the door and the clip retainer, but can't find any plastic space era. Any one have this issue before?
I can get some pictures later today.

I need to add back the moisture barriers on mine, where did you source the material for yours? From what I can tell, the OEM style has cutouts for each clip.

How far away are the clips from the catch point?

I need to add back the moisture barriers on mine, where did you source the material for yours? From what I can tell, the OEM style has cutouts for each clip.

How far away are the clips from the catch point?
I used marine shrink wrap. It came off a new boat that was shrink wrapped. Heavy duty stuff. Then used 1/4” 3M windo-weld butyl tape. In retrospect, maybe a thinner bead and more careful placement might have been the ticket, but it took two days to clean the old 💩off. Hoping a spacer behind the cup will do the trick. Can’t tell how far away from clicking in I am.

AF888547-58A9-4B87-A950-A6BD1777BB40.jpeg

7EBDB809-4992-49F3-B970-B71C1DAB43FD.jpeg

Acousti Seal - which comes in a tube works pretty well as a door vapour barrier adhesive. Not sure about the world - but in Canada most building centres stock it. Home Depot Etc.

I’ve decided to rip out the 1/4” butyl seal and replace with 1/8”. Wish me luck. I’ll post results

That worked! More is not always better. Still have some trimming to do and the armrest, but I’d call it a win for today!
DF570DD5-587D-4000-BB65-39D2C2A850B3.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom