Dome lights coming on and off (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hey, camping In Ouray and my 2013 200 isn’t locking with fob and dome lights are turning on and off with no action on my part. Doors appear to be all closed. I am standing outside vehicle with both keys in my pocket. Any ideas?

Hey, camping In Ouray and my 2013 200 isn’t locking with fob and dome lights are turning on and off with no action on my part. Doors appear to be all closed. I am standing outside vehicle with both keys in my pocket. Any ideas?

Q:
Is it slowly brightening and dimming?
Or... is it flickering?

If slow, it sounds like a key fob sensor question.
If flickering, I’d say it’s more likely that a switch is on...and a bulb/led is loose.

Could be as simple as an iffy insertion of an individual bulb (if switch is on).

If you are seeing it slowly come on or off...it does do that purposely as it senses your FOB proximity to the vehicle when locked.

Q:
Is it slowly brightening and dimming?
Or... is it flickering?

If slow, it sounds like a key fob sensor question.
If flickering, I’d say it’s more likely that a switch is on...and a bulb/led is loose.

Could be as simple as an iffy insertion of an individual bulb (if switch is on).

If you are seeing it slowly come on or off...it does do that purposely as it senses your FOB proximity to the vehicle when locked.
It is slowly happening on and off but even from 100’ away at the campground. I just dc’ed the battery so I can go to bed. Thanks for the reply. If it is a key fob sensor issue, what is the remedy? Reprogramming?

It is slowly happening on and off but even from 100’ away at the campground. I just dc’ed the battery so I can go to bed. Thanks for the reply. If it is a key fob sensor issue, what is the remedy? Reprogramming?

Any chance one of your fobs is inside or nearby?

Really odd.

Any chance the battery is run down?

It's trying to lock, yet there's not enough current to fully latch and the battery goes below threshold. It comes back, sees the locks not latched and tries to throw them again. Rinse repeat?

Ok, just shove this in the weird archive, this morning I hooked the battery up, still acting weird. On a whim, I unplugged a triple phone charger that’ was plugged into my 12v and voila, all systems acting normal. I’ve never used that charger before . Thanks for the quick responses

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom