Dome light switch troubleshooting? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
My rear cargo dome light works great but only turns on intermittently when opening the rear hatch door. I don't see where the switch is - is it inside the latch mechanism?

Also, my main dome light works on all doors except the right rear passenger door. I suspect it's a bad/stuck switch. Looking at the switch in the door it's not obvious how to access/remove or test it. Suggestions?

My rear cargo dome light works great but only turns on intermittently when opening the rear hatch door. I don't see where the switch is - is it inside the latch mechanism?

Also, my main dome light works on all doors except the right rear passenger door. I suspect it's a bad/stuck switch. Looking at the switch in the door it's not obvious how to access/remove or test it. Suggestions?
Each door will have a separate switch in the door. I'm having the same issue with my cargo light. it is in the push button hatch release. if I push the button when the hatch is open the light will flash.

Each door will have a separate switch in the door. I'm having the same issue with my cargo light. it is in the push button hatch release. if I push the button when the hatch is open the light will flash.

bad pin switches on each doors are common

bad pin switch on rear hatch is common too

rear hatch one MOTHER to replace

side doors 4 of them easy to replace all low cost parts at dealer ...fyi still availble

Please see BOTH links below , if you diagnose NOT a bad pin switch rather Commonly too , bad lamp internal contacts get shorted out

age and time thind from UV rays damage

LINKS BELOW :

1630950678298.png

1630950740227.png

bad pin switches on each doors are common

bad pin switch on rear hatch is common too

rear hatch one MOTHER to replace

side doors 4 of them easy to replace all low cost parts at dealer ...fyi still availble

Please see BOTH links below , if you diagnose NOT a bad pin switch rather Commonly too , bad lamp internal contacts get shorted out

age and time thind from UV rays damage

LINKS BELOW :

View attachment 2778897

View attachment 2778899
so my rear hatch where the wire connects to ( a possible ground) is loose in the latch portion. do you know where I can get a new latch? says discontinued on Toyotapartsdeal.

so my rear hatch where the wire connects to ( a possible ground) is loose in the latch portion. do you know where I can get a new latch? says discontinued on Toyotapartsdeal.

ebay NOS maybe

scew parts deal

BAD BAD refrence source

fyi

there scammers

I haven't had a bad issue with them. Scammers? not real Toyota parts?

its a complex set of facts i WILL NOT hijack this thread with posting

pm me ll clue u in straight up !

Prev Owner installed the LED dome lights - they're awesome. Just need to figure out the switches. Is there a trick to removing/replacing the passenger door switch? Not obvious from looking at it.

This thread prompted me to dig into the rear switch activating the cargo area lamp. I had recently installed LED lights inside and after cleaning the drivers side door switch everything was working... almost. The rear lift gate would not consistently light up the cargo area light when opened. In the end I had a grounding issue caused by corrosion between two surfaces shown in the picture. I removed the two bolts holding the lock mechanism, cleaned everything with contact cleaner and a brush. When I put it together, everything works great.

IMG_1152.jpeg

IMG_1153.jpeg

IMG_1155.jpeg

This thread prompted me to dig into the rear switch activating the cargo area lamp. I had recently installed LED lights inside and after cleaning the drivers side door switch everything was working... almost. The rear lift gate would not consistently light up the cargo area light when opened. In the end I had a grounding issue caused by corrosion between two surfaces shown in the picture. I removed the two bolts holding the lock mechanism, cleaned everything with contact cleaner and a brush. When I put it together, everything works great.

View attachment 2779089

View attachment 2779090

View attachment 2779091
In the second picture. That tab or male portion is loose from side to side. So I’m assuming that is the flickering issue

my rear cargo light works like a charm - when the engine is off. but when the engine is on, it has the strangest behavior.... when i just open the top, the light DOES switch on automatically, as it ought to. BUT ... as i continue to raise the top, beyond a certain point, it craps out. could it be a grounding issue at the hinge?

my rear cargo light works like a charm - when the engine is off. but when the engine is on, it has the strangest behavior.... when i just open the top, the light DOES switch on automatically, as it ought to. BUT ... as i continue to raise the top, beyond a certain point, it craps out. could it be a grounding issue at the hinge?
Mine did the same. And cleaning up the grounding set it straight.

Revisiting this post because I too have only the right rear door not working. Was able to get the switch out and it appears there’s no power coming through that wire. Any thoughts on how to see where it attaches?
Thanks!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom