Dogs of MUD! (4 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

kc2.jpg
KC ih8mud.jpg
KC

Last edited:
She's been beyond fantastic. Unfortunately the shedding and lack of tolerance for little kids has caused a bit of a divide. Would also like to have a bit more protection for the fam.

If I could choose I'd go with a Malinois, but again the shedding thing. A labradoodle might be a good fit but I just don't dig them. Maybe just a good old chocolate lab will fit the bill. Rusty's standard poodle looks like a great companion too.
Heelers we've had/have tend to blow their coats in the spring and fall. Our 3 had/have a very protective instinct toward grandkids and neighbors' kids...unfortunately, trying to herd the kids may cause an ankle nip or 2 when the dogs are young. All 3 definitely were protective and ended up being the ranch security directors...early warning is nice. They're insanely protective and territorial if I leave them in the LX...if somebody they don't know gets near the truck, it's growling and fangs.

The LC/LX windshield guy in Boise raises labradoodles, neat dogs.

Steve

This is Moon the 110 pound, 1 year old Great Pyrenees. He's already logged 15 states and about 22,000 miles in a combination of my old 80 and now the 100. He goes everywhere I go. He's the Land Cruiser of dogs, slow and reliable.
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

She's been beyond fantastic. Unfortunately the shedding and lack of tolerance for little kids has caused a bit of a divide. Would also like to have a bit more protection for the fam.

If I could choose I'd go with a Malinois, but again the shedding thing. A labradoodle might be a good fit but I just don't dig them. Maybe just a good old chocolate lab will fit the bill. Rusty's standard poodle looks like a great companion too.
I love the breed, all of the Standards we have had were great with kids. Jake has been awesome with our grand daughter and she loves him to death. With proper training they make great home defense dogs, until the mid thirties they were used by the US army for patrol dogs. They are still used in other countries for Law Enforcement. If you hunt they are great for upland game and waterfowl. No shedding is a big plus too.

Down sides are; Grooming is expensive, we spend $70 every 4 weeks (this is offset by no hair on the couch/clothing IMHO). Because of poor breeding practices they can have health problems, the breeders that sell to the hunting market seem to be better. My last two came from Oklahoma breeders and had few problems. They are smart dogs, if you don't keep them busy they can sometimes get into mischief, they usually outgrow this though.

10994054_10204279874661928_8430584846199810130_n.jpg

My psycho dog Penny. She scares the crap out of me... she has NO fear of cliffs. 1 inch away from a 50 foot fall and she's running back and forth like it's nothing. She's a mountain dog... she just goes nuts in the woods.

Ziggy & Milo.
IMG_0035.jpg

IMG_0034.jpg

Ray Hafeez, Labrador. Six months old, and already smarter than a very large number of two-legged creatures I know! :)

Great pics of great dogs!

Is tank a Vizsla? He looks like ours - Marco.
DSC04023.JPG

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom