dog attacked my dog (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Would you get better results if you reported the dog is being abused by the owner?

It was abused by me a few time :D I kicked it pretty good.

Awesome.

x2 on the abuse. Try any angle you can.
Please.
It could be a kid next

That is what we are thinking. It is not over yet over we are going to keep bugging the police and AC. this dog has no fear about going after other dogs with there owners. It is only a mater of time before it dose real harm and hearts someone. It has tasted blood.

I had a similar problem - here is how it got fixed.

I had an issue with a HUGE Rottie that was wandering my old neighborhood one afternoon. It didn't mind other dogs or men too much but HATED women with a passion. Oh, it was also pulling behind it about a 30 foot long wire cable and anchor that it pulled out of the ground. I'm not sure if it hated women or wanted to 'love' a woman... :eek:

Both my female neighbor and my wife couldn't go outside b/c the dog would act aggressive. I called the police who said it was up to Animal Control to do something and it was the weekend so Animal Control apparently decided not to answer their phone. Police would not come out for a "stray dog."

Fast forward about an hour and my wife and I decided to leave to go somewhere (I forget where - this was about 8 years ago). We looked outside and didn't see the dog so we walked to the car. The Rottie charged from across the street and went for my wife. One swift kick knocked the dog away and I drew my pistol, pointed at the dog and started yelling and luckily the dog backed off a few feet and we were at a stand off. I called 911 and the dispatcher said something to the effect of "Sir, we have already told you there is nothing we can do." They changed their tone when I told them the dog tried to attack my wife AGAIN and I'm keeping it away from her with a gun (strangely the dog seemed to know what a gun was) and the police had better get their asses on out there b/c in five seconds they are going to get a report of gunfire and have a dead dog in the street - I then hung up on 911. I actually couldn't shoot from my position b/c the rounds would have ricocheted off the paved road and headed towards my neighbor's house. :eek:

It took about 90 seconds and two cops showed up. They were a bit pissed with me b/c the Rottie was friendly to both me and them. I got my wife to open the front door to the house and step out and the Rottie charged her...they got the point really fast and apologized. Dog was tossed in the back of a cop car (LOL) and taken away. I'm not sure what ever happened to that dog.

Dog on dog might not = a problem, but dog on person usually = a problem that the Police have to deal with.

Oh, situation #2. Couple's two dogs attacked my Jack while we were on a walk. Their dogs were on leashes but pulled over to my dog and went after him. The couple were ass holes and didn't care. The police said there was nothing they could do as the dogs were on a leash. My response was "OK, next time this happens I'll shoot the damn dogs and then the owners can drag them home by the leashes." Really, what the hell does it matter if a dog is on a leash if it is not under control? The cops didn't like that one either...

Air pistol. Friend's cousin wrapped his legs in leather strap under his jeans, walked past the house where the mean pitbull attacked him, let it clamp onto his leg, shot it in the head point blank. The dog owner and family were on the porch laughing their asses off 'till he pulled out the air pistol. Problem solved.

I'd cover my arms too, wouldn't risk losing a chunk of arm.

i had a friend who raised a pit bull from a pup, one day he was laying on the floor watching tv, and the dog attacked him. he had about 400 stitches in his arm. needless to say he killed the dog and his attidude toward pit bull's have changed.

i had a friend who raised a pit bull from a pup, one day he was laying on the floor watching tv, and the dog attacked him. he had about 400 stitches in his arm. needless to say he killed the dog and his attidude toward pit bull's have changed.

Are you talkin about me?
same kinda thing happened w/ my pit. Less stitches tho. But it did take both me and the misses to hold him down long enough for me to get my arm out of his face. Still got the scars on my arm and rib cage. Those dogs should only be used for military purposes. I understand about being in the city, however, I would not think twice about ending a vicious animal. It WILL be an issue if not taken care of. Could you get a laso round its neck and tie it off to the bumper of your truck? I'd tow its ass out to the desert and light it on fire.....

You should always call Animal Control right away - it 's the law in many States including here in Florida. Next, file a Police Report - describe any/all bites, scratches, lacerations, etc you and the dog may have suffered. DESCRIBE how your dogs TRAUMA is keeping your family up at night..how your dogs pain is affecting the household - loss of sleep... Lawyers love dog bite cases but only if the human is harmed. This way, you can sue for med expenses for your dog. How does this attack affect the household? Your dog was on a leash, right? Typically we go after cash advances on credit cards, home owners insurance, paychecks...and while PB's get a bad rap, it's clearly irresponsible owners.

This is the third time the AC and a police report has been done. I talked to the AC officer and he said dogs in Glen dale do not have to be on a leash or behind a fence. there are 4 dogs in my building and it has attacked 3 of them.
The police don't seem to care one bit that this dog is a repeat offender. The lady up stirs said they thought she was lying
when it attacked her daughter and small dog.

I just don't get it.

A "warning shot" would be out of the question around here there would be 100 folks out in a minute of the shot and I would be hunted down like Frankenstein with touches and pitchforks.

You could always JFK it with a .22 and a pop bottle silencer. :hmm:

I was being sneaky.......I don't give warning shots.

You could always JFK it with a .22 and a pop bottle silencer. :hmm:

I was being sneaky.......I don't give warning shots.

I have a problem American Bulldog that may meet this fate.

I wasn't gonna post up about this, but my kid was attacked a few weeks ago while learning to ride her bike w/o training wheels by a neighborhood dog named "Freckles" who is a known terrorist. Before it reached her, I bum rushed the dog, it turned towards me aggressively, and I punted it like I was going for three points. The dog is about 50 lbs. and it went airborne. Cold truth. The dog yelped and fled to its porch. That was the last straw for me. I called he po-po, who came by a few hours later, and told them in calm, non-threatening terms that if the dog was in the street again with me or my family around, the dog would die a quick death. They thought that was a grand idea.

The owner came by about an hour later after the police left and asked why I called the cops on her. I smirked at her and told her that if she had once ounce of affection for her dog, she would either fence her yard or keep it inside or on a leash. She went all indignant on me with some bull**** about it protecting her property and I cut her off and said, "Your antisocial behavior will no longer be tolerated in this neighborhood. If the dog is not under your full control from now on, the dog will be seized and destroyed, or killed on the spot." She said, "I'll sue you." I said, "Please do, that would be fun."

What a stain.

My daughter is very upset about the whole deal.

My favorite line from this trash was "I can't afford to fence my yard, but I need my property protected!" The dog is now chained to a tree in the front yard. Wonderful.

My favorite line from this trash was "I can't afford to fence my yard, but I need my property protected!" The dog is now chained to a tree in the front yard. Wonderful.

Isn't that illegal in some municipalities? It should be. Good on you tofu. Damn it pains me to say that.

She said, "I'll sue you." I said, "Please do, that would be fun."

Yeah-fxxx those asshats. if she needs her property protected, why not just narc on her incestuous brother so he'll quit stealing her s*** to sell for meth?

Zero tollarance for aggressive dogs! I can't believe there are no ordinances about controlling dogs. That blows me away! First a certified letter to the owner, animal control and the police department stating the problem with the dog. It will be hard for them to play stupid or run and hide if they have been notified of the issue. Second, set the dog up for failure and deal with it lethally on site!

My daughter was attacked by a lab when she was two. Animal control impounded the dog for 10 days and let it go. On the first offence there is nothing else they could do.

The insurance company tried to screw us royaly so I got an attorney. They settled in three weeks for twice the amount we were seeking. FWIW, all we wanted was our expenses reimbursed to the tune of $6,000. I have zero tollarance for insurance companies as a result of this event. They lied to us constantly and I didn't catch on until the lies got pretty outragious. They could have done the right thing but forced us to get an attorney to recover our expenses.

I also caught two dogs running cattle in the orchard Sunday. I didn't get a shot at them but next time they are dead. I am sure they are "good" pets if you were to ask the owners. Tough s***, control your dog or pay the price!:mad:

The thing that really blows is that there's nothing wrong with the dog, it is doing it's job. It is the retarded owner who allows it to roam free, defending territory that isn't theirs to defend, and putting law-abiding people at great risk. I don't like them one bit, but a shock collar and an invisible fence is certainly something that she can afford. My next door neighbor's dachshund (who is sweet, but gets into trouble) who used to have free reign of the neighborhood got shot with a BB gun by someone so they decided to use a shock collar to keep him on their property. They used it for a few weeks and now they don't need to use it anymore, the dog stays on their property. Freckles has no hope for an adoption if he's seized by the Animal Control; he'll be destroyed. I guarantee that with a modest amount of training, his aggression would stop, and would be no issue at all, if he were kept behind a fence. My chow/pit is dog aggressive with strange dogs (of course), but it is irrelevant because he's pure sweetness with people and his own pack or dogs that are "introduced" to him (not random leashless wandering dogs), and he's NEVER out of our total control (and he can't even jump into my truck, let alone over a 4' fence).

tofu i installed invisible fence my self when we had a pittmix, and it did not work on her. she has senc went to the great beyond.
we now hav two black labs one is full-blood the other is mixed with wolf.the full-blood is way more hard headed than the mixed one. the mixed will loose his collar and still stay in the yard the othe one knows when it is not working and off he goes.
also i need to add we have special collar's for hard headed dogs, when it is working it nails them from the time they cross the line till they drag themselves back. and also has more shock.

also i need to add we have special collar's for hard headed dogs, when it is working it nails them from the time they cross the line till they drag themselves back. and also has more shock.

I had the "special" one on my Newf, with a remote I could control how much and how much shock she got. She'd tear off after something and I'd drop her to her knees with it. As soon as my finger left the button she'd be full sprint toward her original objective like nothing happened. Some dogs are just not good pets.

I had the "special" one on my Newf, with a remote I could control how much and how much shock she got. She'd tear off after something and I'd drop her to her knees with it. As soon as my finger left the button she'd be full sprint toward her original objective like nothing happened. Some dogs are just not good pets.

:confused: Did you work out a training routine for using the collar?

our pittmix was the same way if her mind was set on going across that line nothing was going to stop her.
we had her before the kids,(my youngest remembers her) but she growled at him, she was old he was just starting to crawl and loved her too much.
so she was kept down stairs away from him because of the pitt in her.
now i agree with the responsibility of owners, but i also know pitts and they earned their reputation. and depending on the breeding they could snap at any time without showing any aggressiveness before. so if you have one of these dogs mixed or not you need to watch them, if they attack small dogs eventually they will move to children.
if you have an aggressive dog you need to keep control of it, if you can't you need to get rid of it.

if they attack small dogs eventually they will move to children.
Way to generalize and stereotype there...

Black and white mentality...not helpful. You're of course free to be as "careful" as you see fit, especially when it comes to you and yours. But don't think you know better than I do about my dog or dogs in general...

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom