Does your rear seat rattle? Check this out... (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Hey y'all. I just made a 10% off discount code on the website, so if you've been thinking about pulling the trigger on any of this stuff now's a good time.

First five orders to use "forever2F" will get the 10%. The code is set to self destruct after 5 uses.

Hey y'all-

I've been working on the D-pillar vent gaskets. Mine are ok, but have some funky bends/warpage I don't want to reproduce. I tried soaking them in silicone and weighting them down for days in an effort to re-form them - didn't work as well as I had hoped.

So ... does anybody have GOOD gaskets? I'd love to borrow them for molding. You'd get a free set if repros if it works out.
I know it's been a while since you posted this, not sure if you've found good donors. If not maybe try soaking your in Wintergreen oil. I've never tried it personally but have seen damn good results on softening old rubber using this method. Might work in bringing yours back to a reproduceable state.

I know it's been a while since you posted this, not sure if you've found good donors. If not maybe try soaking your in Wintergreen oil. I've never tried it personally but have seen damn good results on softening old rubber using this method. Might work in bringing yours back to a reproduceable state.
I tried soaking them in silicone lubricant for two weeks and they didn’t change at all. Never heard of the wintergreen oil thing but I’ll try it! Couple of things: there’s a guy on here working on them as well (the guy selling the headlight washer bottles), and I may be getting some good ones to copy (attached to a 60 I’m buying haha). The front vent gaskets - for the carb cooler and the matching one on passenger side - are *perfect* on that truck so I have high hopes for that.

My back seat doesn't rattle...it squeaks....will this kill that too?

My back seat doesn't rattle...it squeaks....will this kill that too?
Hard to say. The posts attach to the seat back on each side, and if loose those can squeak. Try checked the big bolts in there and tighten them up if loose. Certainly if the bumpers are missing on the latch side (bottom of C-pillar on the interior, see previous photos) then you’d benefit from getting a pair. It will at least kill THAT noise.

Several people, myself included, have reduce noise after installing the seat bumpers, but are still battling the posts themselves being loose. Mine are still loose even after tightening the bolts meaning something else inside the seat back is broken or needs tightened. My noise went down probably 70-80% with the bumpers in place though.

I’m running a sale on my web shop good through this weekend only. The seat bumpers are there, some other new parts, as well as used parts. I have more used stuff than what’s listed, too - just ask if you don’t see something.

LINK—-> Cruiser Trash Parts <—-
Code: SAS2022
15% off your entire order

I’m trying to clear out some used stuff that’s taking up space and raising funds for Solid Axle Summit. I’m working hard towards getting my blue 60 ready to go and the parts costs are snowballing quickly! Plus I know y’all need parts too, so why not have a little sale.

Just wanted to post an update and thanks. These tiny rear bumpers you recreated from the original are high quality. Expensive as hell for the amount of part here but you know what, you are the only supplier on the planet as far as I know and they work. Installing them was not trivial as the fit is incredibly tight. I was finally successful by swearing a lot to all of the gods and tucking the wings of the bumper in first so that it is centered. Then you kind of stretch it at an angle and pry up the center with a flat bladed screwdriver to get the bumper body over the metal catch. You are doing all of this while holding the seat unlatched and swearing more but eventually if you swear enough you can force the bumper main over the metal catch. It is a nice and tight fit, thank you!

Just wanted to post an update and thanks. These tiny rear bumpers you recreated from the original are high quality. Expensive as hell for the amount of part here but you know what, you are the only supplier on the planet as far as I know and they work. Installing them was not trivial as the fit is incredibly tight. I was finally successful by swearing a lot to all of the gods and tucking the wings of the bumper in first so that it is centered. Then you kind of stretch it at an angle and pry up the center with a flat bladed screwdriver to get the bumper body over the metal catch. You are doing all of this while holding the seat unlatched and swearing more but eventually if you swear enough you can force the bumper main over the metal catch. It is a nice and tight fit, thank you!
That fairly accurately describes the process! There’s another way to do it getting one wing in, then getting the slot in the body of the bumper over the metal tab, and then getting the second tab tucked in. Your way is a bit easier though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom