Does your local lowes honor the Craftsman warranty/ looking for a tool vendor with a good exchange policy (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Some Lowes will swap them out and some won't. Sears was nice because you could just bring a broken tool to the counter and get a new or refurb.

Mine's done it the one time I ever needed it—I guess I just sort of assumed they would.

I've had both the local Lowes and Ace Hardware replace Craftsman tools - but only if they stocked the item.

I've had both the local Lowes and Ace Hardware replace Craftsman tools - but only if they stocked the item.

Haven’t tried Lowe’s yet but same exp at Ace - at least it was just a cracked socket / they stock.

Find local tool truck and develop a relationship with the owner. Cornwell, Matco, mac, or snap on.

The first 3 listed should all warranty craftsman tools.

I've exchanged Lowes broken kobalt sockets b4.

Find local tool truck and develop a relationship with the owner. Cornwell, Matco, mac, or snap on.

The first 3 listed should all warranty craftsman tools.
Never heard this possibility before - interesting.

Matco & Snapz have trucks / accounts that go thru alot of places I either haunt or have friends who fell into the ‘credit plans’ of the Snap vendor/‘pusher’.

Never heard this possibility before - interesting.

Yeah, mainly they are all just rebranded tools.

Matco is owned by the Danaher conglomerate, Danaher makes craftsman, gear wrench, and kobalt. That's why Matco tools look the same as the kobolt and gear wrench tools.

Same thing with MAC, they are owned by the Stanley corporation.

I am not sure about Cornwell but they basically sell every brand.

MAC and Matco also sell other brands from their supplemental catalogs.

So as long as the driver/pusher you are working with isn't an a-hole he should be able to warranty Craftsman tools along with other brands.

Snap-On is the only tool truck that actually makes their own tools here in USA. And even they don't make everything, plenty of Snap-On is rebranded Chinese crap. But all of their wrenches, sockets, and ratchets are made in the USA. Snap-On also makes the wrenches for John Deer.

Snap-On also has a supplemental catalog so they can sell gear wrench and other brands for cheaper. So technically even a good Snap-On guy should be able to warranty Craftsman tools along with many other brands.

Good to know! -

I have a Proto / Stanley tq wrench that if blindfolded is exact like the adj collar / lock ring of my Snap-On one. I bought a slight flex head Snap-On & aside from that & the rubber bumpcap, it’s made wherever the Proto ones are.

I had / posted awhile back the address that got to the replacement department of the foundry that does Craftsman right before Sears went under.

It was a domestic place - may have been TN or real close, I’d have to dig & find it.

They had a deal for every socket Craftsman made in all drives & depths & 6-12pt -everything- for $300 but I had to get 4-5 replaced / bad casting/forging.

Post was from however long ago Sears went under.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom