Do you have a strange knocking at idle? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Ok, a little more backstory: I had what sounds like a similar knock especially noticeable at or near idle. I had Ben & Joe at Slee listen to it, Robbie and a couple of my regular LC travel buddies and everyone concurred it was probably the flex plate. Well, it wasn't. The knock was still there after installing the new flex plate.

But, unexplainably, the noise went away and the engine just purrs so smoothly and quietly today.

well then it sounds like we had similar situation because the the noise is still gone and car runs just as smooth as can be now.

^^^Could it have been carbon build up on a piston?
I dont think it was that, noise was coming form the bell housing and right now my LX has just over 102K on it so i would think its a little low miles for that but that is just a guess. On it being low miles for that.

So, how do you diagnose this?
not really sure of the actual way to diagnose it. in my case it was more of a hunch because of a past experience. but i was also able to look at the flex plate and it looked to be in really god shape i took the cover off at let the truck idle so i cold look for any bad movement and also to check the bolts. while the car was off.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom