Do I have the mounts needed to mount 2F? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Beehanger

SILVER Star
Threads
Moved a project and wasn't the one who took this motor out. The mechanic left one mounts in the rig and one in a box as shown in the photo below.
I want to make sure I have what I need mounting wise to put the engine in. Also, the rear mount seems to be at an angle, along with the transfer case. Its pointing slightly right and angled right as well.

(I'm also aware the driveshaft is grinding on the frame, I found out the other day. It's from the lift the PO put on, only driven this rig a few months before engine rebuild.)

Anyway, is anything additionally needed, do the mounts look good, and is it okay the transfer case is at an angle like this?

Best,
Dan

tempImagekmxWNX.png

tempImage5K4g8n.png

tempImageQhrJtR.png

tempImageIoDC5u.png

tempImageG0jrBf.png

I see a torn driver’s side mount and no passenger side.

And just a suggestion, you should start a single thread and post all your questions there, not only will everyone that wants to help you have an easier time keeping track of your project, you also won’t clog up the section as much with a bunch of different threads.

the a/c mount is the passenger side mount on the engine
do you have the short driver side mount?

I explained the trans/transfer issue in your other thread about the driveshaft
you probably want to change the trans mount along with both front mounts/isolators

I see a torn driver’s side mount and no passenger side.

And just a suggestion, you should start a single thread and post all your questions there, not only will everyone that wants to help you have an easier time keeping track of your project, you also won’t clog up the section as much with a bunch of different threads.

@Beehanger maybe do a build thread since there are various threads for your desmog and this one. If you do a brief bio on your truck, you should get more interest too. It's worth it especially if you need help figuring out parts and technical support. You can also search for information on the threads in this forum.

Is this not the short driver side mount?

View attachment 3259346

that is 1 of the front isolators/mount
the one still attached to the frame is half of the one circled, as it is broken which happens as all the torque pulls up on the driver side mount

Upgrade your account to a silver star. I did it the other day after years of freeloading and I can say this site is a much better experience with a few bucks invested in the community. You’ll benefit from it for sure.

I would recommend new engine mounts and a new transmission mount. We keep them all in stock

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom