DLC Ride/Shoot - Oakmulgee WMA Feb 20th (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Update:

I texted with Cole already, I'm a manager in an accounting firm and we've been dealing with significant covid issue among our staff and the rest of us who are not in quarantine are working 12 hour days and full weekends now to meet the upcoming 3/15 and 3/31 deadlines. That said, I cannot go this weekend, but the trip is still on using the GPX file with the route from last year. We'll plan a warm weather cahaba canoe ride, trail ride, hog hunt and shooting etc camp out later on in the year at our Perry county plantation house.

I'll let Cole give the details of where to meet etc. this Saturday.

Update:

I texted with Cole already, I'm a manager in an accounting firm and we've been dealing with significant covid issue among our staff and the rest of us who are not in quarantine are working 12 hour days and full weekends now to meet the upcoming 3/15 and 3/31 deadlines. That said, I cannot go this weekend, but the trip is still on using the GPX file with the route from last year. We'll plan a warm weather cahaba canoe ride, trail ride, hog hunt and shooting etc camp out later on in the year at our Perry county plantation house.

I'll let Cole give the details of where to meet etc. this Saturday.
Im 1000% down to do some camping, kayaking, and shooting when it warms up a bit, dunno if I wanna go blasting hogs with what little ammo I have in storage tho.

Interested in possibly joining if that's not a problem..
Never been on a group ride with any of you guys that I know of. Could someone give me a rough idea of how long the ride will last and where the ending point is? Approx how many rigs in the line?
Much appreciated.. 🤙

Interested in possibly joining if that's not a problem..
Never been on a group ride with any of you guys that I know of. Could someone give me a rough idea of how long the ride will last and where the ending point is? Approx how many rigs in the line?
Much appreciated.. 🤙
Not a problem at all, anyone is welcome to join. I believe we even have a guy from FL driving up to join us @WhitePhoenix

Not sure where you are in AL, but the Bham guys are going to meet at 9am at the Summit in the REI parking lot. We'll then caravan to Tuscaloosa and meet up with the West AL guys at the Woods-n-Water in Tuscaloosa around 10:15am (5101 Summit Ridge Tuscaloosa, AL 35405). You can meet us at either place.

Since Brandon @bamabrock can't join us, we will not be going to his farm to shoot guns. But, there is a shooting range in Oakmulgee WMA we can stop at if there is enough interest. We can ride for as long as we would like, but usually we end the day around 3-4pm. A couple people always leave out early if they need to get back home, so it's really up to whatever your schedule is. We will have around 10 trucks with us on this trip.

There's also been talk of camping Saturday night if there's enough interest. Feel free to bring your camping stuff if it'd help break up your trip for you.

Weather looks to be great Saturday, high of 51 and sunny.

Last edited:
Here is the Gaia GPS route we will take for Saturday for anyone that wants to load it up:

Not a problem at all, anyone is welcome to join. I believe we even have a guy from FL driving up to join us @WhitePhoenix

Not sure where you are in AL, but the Bham guys are going to meet at 10am at the Summit in the REI parking lot. We'll then caravan to Tuscaloosa and meet up with the West AL guys at the Woods-n-Water in Tuscaloosa around 11:30am (5101 Summit Ridge Tuscaloosa, AL 35405). You can meet us at either place.

Since Brandon @bamabrock can't join us, we will not be going to his farm to shoot guns. But, there is a shooting range in Oakmulgee WMA we can stop at if there is enough interest. We can ride for as long as we would like, but usually we end the day around 3-4pm. A couple people always leave out early if they need to get back home, so it's really up to whatever your schedule is. We will have around 10 trucks with us on this trip.

There's also been talk of camping Saturday night if there's enough interest. Feel free to bring your camping stuff if it'd help break up your trip for you.

I'm from the Guntersville area,
We will be visiting family in Greensboro on Friday night so would be coming up from there.. I checked out the route map.. very helpful.
I will check with my bro-in-law who would be along for the ride.. Hopefully he's game to do at least part of the route. If so, we will join at Woods&Water. If not, I will def look for the next opportunity.
thanks!

Not sure where you are in AL, but the Bham guys are going to meet at 10am at the Summit in the REI parking lot. We'll then caravan to Tuscaloosa and meet up with the West AL guys at the Woods-n-Water in Tuscaloosa around 11:30am (5101 Summit Ridge Tuscaloosa, AL 35405). You can meet us at either place.

Yup, I'll be coming up from what you could say is chilly FL. What sort of comms do you folks use on the trail? I can also appreciate the later start since I'm looking about 4 hours to make it up there.

Yup, I'll be coming up from what you could say is chilly FL. What sort of comms do you folks use on the trail? I can also appreciate the later start since I'm looking about 4 hours to make it up there.
GMRS. We usually run channel 19 or 21 I believe. If you want to PM me your number I can add you to our GroupMe and we chat about it there.

Also, we are going to plan to stop at the South Sandy shooting range in Oakmulgee and shoot some, since Brandon won’t be able to join us (to shoot at his farm).

Stopping to shoot should help some guys catch up that have to meet us later and then we can all hit the trails together.

Slight change of plans, we decided at the meeting last night to leave Birmingham at 9 AM and meet the rest of the Tuscaloosa guys at Woods and water around 10:15 AM. We are going to stop at South Sandy shooting Range for a little bit and that will give some of the guys coming from out of town a chance to catch up and meet us.

What time will you be at the shooting range?
Please send a location of the shooting range. Is that pretty much the beginning of the trail? I'm thinking if I'm coming up from Greensboro I wouldn't need to go all the way to Woods & Water but I don't want to miss out on too much trail..

Thanks!

What time will you be at the shooting range?
Please send a location of the shooting range. Is that pretty much the beginning of the trail? I'm thinking if I'm coming up from Greensboro I wouldn't need to go all the way to Woods & Water but I don't want to miss out on too much trail..

Thanks!
Not that far from Greensboro (btw, my mother is from there; the Bonds family).

Ok great.. What time do you think you will get down there after leaving W&W?
Thanks!

Thanks!
I cant come and host at my farm this weekend because of work (we'll do something later; cahaba canoeing, camping, hog hunting, etc),

but the G maps says 30 minutes. Cole @Bama4door will have to chime in.

Payne Lake is where we stopped for a picnic lunch and let the kids run around last year.

Thanks!
We should be at the shooting range around 11am. You can PM me your number and I can keep you posted tomorrow morning.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom