DIY body lift (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I am kicking around the idea of doing a body lift on my rig. I once upon a time had a Suzuki Sammurai and made my own kit using two inch square tubing and grade eight bolts. Might this work on a 60?? and would this add two much to the steering colom. Any suggestions from any one that has done one. Thanks:beer:

I had some 2inch pucks I boght from here: http://www.4crawler.com/4x4/ForSale/BodyLiftKit.shtml

I cut them down to an inch. Bought some longer grade 5 bolts from Ace Hardware.

Took a couple hours to do. Didn't have to do anything to the steering shaft, radiator shroud... Easy mod to do. If I had more $$ at the time, I would replaced the worn out rubber body mounts with poly ones

Yeah what happens to the shifter when you raise the body? Does it just go into the boot a little more?

Yeah what happens to the shifter when you raise the body? Does it just go into the boot a little more?

Yeah, its not too bad with a one inch, i imagine that it would be pretty low with more than that.

I certainly had to modify my fan shroud, i dont know why you wouldnt is an easy thing to do.

I as well am planning on doing the 4crawler 1" kit. IIRC, it was only about 85 bucks, with hardware. Body mounts would be extra, but if they are needed, you would have to purchase them seperate from your home brew lift anyway.

Im interested to know a DIY route for this.. as we dont get those kits here, and would have to import them. could i make up my own spaces ?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom