Distributor O ring and setting TDC (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Looks like i have to take the fan and shroud and everything off to set the harmonic balancer to tdc in order to change this O ring on the distributor? Please tell me theres a better way. No way you're getting a 30m socket on that harmonic balancer bolt and a breaker bar to turn the motor over. The fan touches the harm bal bolt without a breaker bar on it. Any pointers here? Never had the distributor out of this before

Looks like i have to take the fan and shroud and everything off to set the harmonic balancer to tdc in order to change this O ring on the distributor? Please tell me theres a better way. No way you're getting a 30m socket on that harmonic balancer bolt and a breaker bar to turn the motor over. The fan touches the harm bal bolt without a breaker bar on it. Any pointers here? Never had the distributor out of this before

Can't have fun without foreplay, gotta go down on her and come up from the bottom. You should be able to just push the fan blades out of the way.

A lot of guys brace a breaker bar on the frame and start the motor to break the bolt loose. Obviously you dont need to do that but just pointing out it can be done.

Can't have fun without foreplay, gotta go down on her and come up from the bottom. You should be able to just push the fan blades out of the way.

A lot of guys brace a breaker bar on the frame and start the motor to break the bolt loose. Obviously you dont need to do that but just pointing out it can be done.
Yea i broke down and just took the fan out and fan shroud.

Weird. I just did mine last weekend and didn't do that at all. I just marked the rotor alignment so I would be sure the gears went back together in the same teeth as before. If you're off by a tooth the rotor doesn't line up to the mark and you can tell. Drove fine when I was done.... Hope I didn't mess anything up!

Weird. I just did mine last weekend and didn't do that at all. I just marked the rotor alignment so I would be sure the gears went back together in the same teeth as before. If you're off by a tooth the rotor doesn't line up to the mark and you can tell. Drove fine when I was done.... Hope I didn't mess anything up!
Yea i did mark the rotor but when i put my timing light on it, i was off and advanced 15 degrees. Small adjustment with the timing light and i was back on target at 3° advanced timing which is where the factory set out timing. Im sure youre fine but may be worth putting a timing light on it to see if you're good to go

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom