Discussion about storing LX to keep AHC happy (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

ramangain

Clarksonian disciple
Threads
It's no secret; I rarely drive my LX anymore. It sits on a trickle charger in the garage and I decided to keep AHC IN L. If I don't use a trickle charger the battery is dead within a month, and my parasitic draw is as OEM as it gets.

Why L for the AHC? Minimum system pressure to reduce nitrogen leeching past the globe membrane into the fluid. I think relieving system pressure at the globes and accumulator is overkill.

Is this a correct approach? Discuss.

Last edited:
TLDR: I don't think it matters enough to worry about the difference between N and L.

The gas chambers start around 2.5 Mpa. If you were to put an equal pressure on the other side of the bladder, I guess you'd minimize likelihood of leaking/diffusion? L represents something between 0 and ~6 Mpa. No idea what it actually is since the system doesn't report a pressure for it. I bet L is closer to an even match to the startign gas chamber pressure.

I'd do L or N. But I wouldn't sleep differently either way.

1631984746408.png

At least I still own one 🔥

🌵🌵🌵

A lapse in judgement may have been made.

But: LX > lithium pedal car. And if you replace the globes, they won't offgas.

Keep in mind I DO occasionally drive my rig. It would be nice to continue to not have to remove supports that get the wheels off of the ground to drive. Unplugging the trickle charger is enough work to take the rig for a drive :rofl:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom