Dirty Toy School Grand Junction, Co May16-18 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

It's got six lug wheels.

Oh my god....

Not to interrupt this dialog, but if anybody is interested in learning with some folks that have a lot to offer please, check out our website: www.dirtytoyschool.com

We're not hosting a wheeling get together. There are already plenty of first rate, well established ones to choose from that you can find out about right here on Woody's forum. And yes Bill, Dave, and I have all driven and even made money from various vehicle manufacturers. We're offering a learning experience that will make you a better, safer, more environmentally responsible four wheel drive enthusiast.

l beleive that our involvement with the training of the Toyota Trail Team reflects our level of passion and involvement with this community. I've supported the TLCA and this community for a long time and have purposely aligned myself with Bill and Dave for this endeavor. We have something to offer. I hope all of you will consider attending.

Better late than never,

Last year i attempted the Escalator on Hells Revenge in Moab without success. Chris was my spotter and after failing we both agreed that my wheelbase was just a little to narrow to get up there. We adhered by the three strike rule even though the group I was with was OK with more tries, I took the strap.

Fast forward to this year. After a snow run I compared my air gauge to three other ones, mine was of by 7 pounds :eek:. So last year when I thought I was running 9 pounds of pressure I was actually at 16:doh:, no wonder I had no bulge.............get your mind out the gutter :flipoff2:

So this year Chris was with us again on Hells Revenge and I was coaxed into trying the Escalator one more time, people love to see carnage :rolleyes: Well I asked Chris for a spot and he agreed, we discussed a line we thought would work and where he should stand, lost him last year when I did my wheel stands :lol:

Chris had me lined up in no time and I set up the truck to be running Low Low 1st gear and locked frt/rr. With everything set and Chris in place we started up the first section, no problem. After one adjustment back and forth Chris had me lined up where we thought I would have my best chance of making it up. A big wheel stand for the crowd and a little more gas and I was on top:D:clap::cheers:

With great spotting from Chris and a capable truck I achieved another obstacle on my list. Thanks for your great communication and spotting skills Chris, now what is next on the list ;)

If your rig is capable of making it up or over an obstacle and you trust Chris, I do, you will make it. We all know rock crawling can be a game if inches, place your tire a few inches to the left or right makes a world of difference. Chris has the experience and most importantly the communication skills to get you and your rig up or over an obstacle.

Thanks again Chris and hope to see you on the trails soon :cheers:

Thanks for the kind words Tom. I'm glad we got it this time.

Cruise Moab was so much fun, I'm already looking forward to next year. Those Rising Sun folks really work their butts off, and it shows.

Tom, your 4runner is sweet! I had a first gen. when I was in school, but it would not have been up for escalator.

Hope to see you again on the trails.

The event went really well, and we heard some very positive feedback from the participants. Thanks to everyone who has supported us. Here are some pictures of the fun.
Bill 03.jpg
Spotting 01.jpg
Hugh 02.jpg

Looked like fun.

Wish I could of went but had too many irons in the fire and not enough coal:crybaby:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom