Dirty Toy School Grand Junction, Co May16-18 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

fullnelson

IH8MUD Regular
SILVER Star
Threads
Bill Burke, Dave Logan, and I have teamed up to host instructional 4x4 Toyota owners' experiences. Our first event will be held in Grand Junction, CO. The event will take place from May 16-18.

The event will be held at the Double Tree Hotel where the FJ Cruiser Trail team was first assembled.

Doubletree Hotel Grand Junction Colorado - Grand Junction CO Hotels

Participants will show up Friday afternoon to have a tech inspection. That evening will include a meet and greet with snacks and beverages.

Saturday morning particpants will choose from 2 out of 4 instructional seminars, each lasting about an hour. Then there will be four trail rides to choose from. Dinner and a raffle will be held Saturday evening. Sunday will also offer four trail rides to choose from. Boxed lunches will be provided for Saturday and Sunday.

This will be a fun, educational event and a good way to meet some new friends with similar interests. We hope you will join us.

www.dirtytoyschool.com

Happy trails,

Chris Nelson

I just picked up the flier from Safari today.
This looks like something I will have to go to.
Will see if I can get off work.

We hope you can make it Kurt. You're not planning on bringing the Camry though, are you? :)

Looked at a Sequoia today, other than the exhaust (too low), looks to be ready for school.

On the reg. form its asks what trails
Saturday Ride - Choose Difficulty: No Ride Easy Medium Hard Required
Sunday Ride - Choose Difficulty: No Ride Easy Medium Hard Required

What is a Medium and Hard trail?
I want to go on the hardest trail the OME lifted 285x75x16 locked 80 can handle.
Now would that be Med or Hard?

How much armor does the 80 have?

The truck can certainly make the difficult run, but your bumpers might get some tattoos. We will, of course, be able to offer the spotting that we have become known for if you want.

Hmmmm...November, Borrego Springs. Could be doable. Please avoid the SnT weekend!!!

So what are the trails, do you know yet?
I don't mind a few dents and would like to take the 80 to its limits but I don't want to be a PITA boat anchor that needs to be drug up every step.

Kurt,

Yes, we know what trails we are permited on, and we have a lot to choose from. We are going to base the offerings on who is planning on attending and their expectations.

All the runs will have an emphasis on instruction in order to help participants get the most from the experience. We know that those who attend will be better, safer off-pavement drivers from the experience.

There is plenty of challenging terrain for us to put your 80 through. It's going to be a fun time!

We still have rooms reserved at the Double Tree at our reduced rate, but they will not hold them after Monday. So if you are thinking about coming, make your reservations now. Just tell them you are with the Dirty Toy School.

It's just an evening get together and tech inspection. If you can't make it over, then we can do the tech in the morning.

I think Bill Burke drives a Defender 90 no? :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom