Direct mount feet for load bars GX470. Alucab. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hey guys,

I have an alucab tent sitting on an LFD roof rack. I couldn't figure out how to mount the alucab direct to the roof rack so I installed leitner load bars on top of the rack and mounted the tent to them. It's now sitting way too high for my liking. I'm hoping to find a solution that would enable me to mount only the load bars direct to the GX roof with some kind of feet or rail. I'd prefer to repurpose the leitner bars and not buy new.

Is this what I'm after? Any other recommendations? Thank you!

Eezi-Awn Lexus GX K9 Load Bar Kit - https://rooftopoverland.com/products/eezi-awn-lexus-gx-k9-load-bar-kit?variant=40651588239519

Hey guys,

I have an alucab tent sitting on an LFD roof rack. I couldn't figure out how to mount the alucab direct to the roof rack so I installed leitner load bars on top of the rack and mounted the tent to them. It's now sitting way too high for my liking. I'm hoping to find a solution that would enable me to mount only the load bars direct to the GX roof with some kind of feet or rail. I'd prefer to repurpose the leitner bars and not buy new.

Is this what I'm after? Any other recommendations? Thank you!

Eezi-Awn Lexus GX K9 Load Bar Kit - https://rooftopoverland.com/products/eezi-awn-lexus-gx-k9-load-bar-kit?variant=40651588239519
I used these to mount my GFC: Roof Channel Towers — Gamiviti - https://www.gamiviti.com/roof-channel-towers

Definitely interested in seeing your solution when you find it!
Here's the solution. I'm not ready to make the plunge but this is the ticket.

Thanks for that. Unfortunately the alu-cab tent only has about 46" of mounting room to play with and the space between the front and and back mounting points is too long. I'll need a channel so it can be adjusted, like the eezi-awn has.
If you already know this, then please disregard. The GX470 has 3 mounting locations on each side of the vehicle. The center to rear mounting points are about 19" apart, and the center to front mounts are about 34" apart. I'm not sure how that affects load capacity on the roof. I'm using all 6 mounting locations for my GFC with modified Gamiviti mounts.

If you already know this, then please disregard. The GX470 has 3 mounting locations on each side of the vehicle. The center to rear mounting points are about 19" apart, and the center to front mounts are about 34" apart. I'm not sure how that affects load capacity on the roof. I'm using all 6 mounting locations for my GFC with modified Gamiviti mounts.
I appreciate it. I am indeed aware. The issue is that the mounting rail on the alu-cab is situated towards the back of the tent and 19" isn't enough of a span to support it. Pretty annoying!

Resurrecting an old thread to try and learn more about using the Gamiviti mounts for the GFC tent. I would like to do this for my 100 Series LandCruiser. You mentioned you modified the Gamiviti mounts. How did you modify them and why. How high off the roof does your GFC sit? Thanks in advance!

Resurrecting an old thread to try and learn more about using the Gamiviti mounts for the GFC tent. I would like to do this for my 100 Series LandCruiser. You mentioned you modified the Gamiviti mounts. How did you modify them and why. How high off the roof does your GFC sit? Thanks in advance!
My living situation requires me to park my vehicle in the garage. Given that its on 35s, I needed to be really careful about minimizing the stand off height of the tent. I happened across someone in one of the Facebook GX groups that had a GFC on a GX470 with little height added. He used the Gamiviti mounts, but slotted the holes on the mounts where the two steel pieces interface so it could lower the upper supporting flange. Then, a 4" x 1/4" thick aluminum strap connects the Gamiviti mounts and the GFC mounting blocks were bolted to that strap. I pretty much copied what he did and it seems to work quite well. The bottom of my tent sits roughly 3/8ths to 1/2" above the highest point of the GX's roof, and it fits into the garage with about an inch to spare.

My living situation requires me to park my vehicle in the garage. Given that its on 35s, I needed to be really careful about minimizing the stand off height of the tent. I happened across someone in one of the Facebook GX groups that had a GFC on a GX470 with little height added. He used the Gamiviti mounts, but slotted the holes on the mounts where the two steel pieces interface so it could lower the upper supporting flange. Then, a 4" x 1/4" thick aluminum strap connects the Gamiviti mounts and the GFC mounting blocks were bolted to that strap. I pretty much copied what he did and it seems to work quite well. The bottom of my tent sits roughly 3/8ths to 1/2" above the highest point of the GX's roof, and it fits into the garage with about an inch to spare.
Thank you very much. This sounds like a sweet setup that I will try and replicate.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom