Dipped my wheels today! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

NY2NC

Threads
Was never a fan of plasti-dip, but when I can't afford new wheels right now and I didn't want to permanently paint the stock wheels, this is such a great option. It also helps me in deciding if I like the color on my LC.
0630201701~2.jpg

That actually looks really good!

That actually looks really good!

I definitely like the color combo. I just hope when it's time to peel it off, it's not a pain in the ass.

I bet a power washer will take it off pretty easy. I do like the gold/bronze color.

There's a spray you can use that dissolves whatever doesn't come off with the pressure washer.

I’d rock that. X2 on the dissolver said after time the plastic dip can be a bear to just “peel off”

DipYourCar says it'll last 2 years. Let's see what happens. But I'll look for that dissolver.

I once came back from a URE trip with my wheels coated in a thin layer of wet clay that ended up looking very coppery after a few days. Lasted for months, and I loved the color! I wonder how that would look on my white 450?

@NY2NC Is your roof rack incredibly wide or is it the camera angle that makes it look so?

Yeah, I didn’t really notice that but it looks like it’s on sideways. Maybe mis-read the directions?

It's the Yakima Megawarrior rack, same as what is on the Heritage Edition. It's pretty much as wide as the roof. Almost like it was made for it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom