Differential Support #2 Replacement (3 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

So Toyota keeps stamping the same old part number as originally numbered, but it’s on the third part number now. Nice to be able to NOT to tell the parts apart!

Right?!?
Maybe a Onur @beno type person should chime in and explain this.

Is everyone who has had this problem own a 2003? Or are there other owners of a 2004 that have changed them?

The more people start wheeling this the more we would see this happens.
Seems to be 3-4 reported here and GXOR in the last few weeks.

Well I got back under there during an oil change and got the measurements off the old one. Looks like the 2004 GX470 already has the bigger one as far as I can determine.

8155C7E4-461D-44A6-9934-7A3AC998B71C.jpeg

E34780C5-06ED-4CD8-A6D1-390FAC06D02B.jpeg

51FA83E6-B96A-4D0A-9B96-2FC47DAB327F.jpeg

Numbers are close to the new one I purchased, assuming the new one is the latest and greatest. The width wasn’t measures on the purchased one so I don’t know if it’s wider or not.

My build date is 12/04 on my 2005 and I already had the updated part number installed. Nothing in history about it so it came from the factory. I replaced it anyways since I already had the part on hand.

Numbers are close to the new one I purchased, assuming the new one is the latest and greatest. The width wasn’t measures on the purchased one so I don’t know if it’s wider or not.
I know this thread is a little bit old but I'm still trying to figure out what I have on my GX. I've read the thread through multiple times. I took measurements of my existing diff support and I still can't tell if I need to replace it or not. My GX is an '05 with a build date of 03/05. Part number on the existing diff support is the old part number, 52391-60021. I took measurements at all the same locations as @Infinity00 and my measurements match pretty much dead on the ones shown in the January 11 2020 post. I've also visually compared the pics earlier in this thread of the '03 & '06 part. Mine seems to look more like the '06 part shown in that pic but it's hard to tell for sure.

How can I tell conclusively if I have the updated diff support? Does anyone with the known updated diff support have measurements I can compare to?

Thanks in advance and apologies if I am missing something obvious. I'm headed out on a wheeling trip in 3 weeks and would like to address this beforehand if I need to.

I know this thread is a little bit old but I'm still trying to figure out what I have on my GX. I've read the thread through multiple times. I took measurements of my existing diff support and I still can't tell if I need to replace it or not. My GX is an '05 with a build date of 03/05. Part number on the existing diff support is the old part number, 52391-60021. I took measurements at all the same locations as @Infinity00 and my measurements match pretty much dead on the ones shown in the January 11 2020 post. I've also visually compared the pics earlier in this thread of the '03 & '06 part. Mine seems to look more like the '06 part shown in that pic but it's hard to tell for sure.

How can I tell conclusively if I have the updated diff support? Does anyone with the known updated diff support have measurements I can compare to?

Thanks in advance and apologies if I am missing something obvious. I'm headed out on a wheeling trip in 3 weeks and would like to address this beforehand if I need to.

The only major visible difference I saw in all of these posts was the new one had a raised “6” on it or whatever number it was on the side.

The only major visible difference I saw in all of these posts was the new one had a raised “6” on it or whatever number it was on the side.
Oh I must have missed that. Mine does have a raised 6 on the side of it. I guess I'll take that as confirmation. Thank you!

Oh I must have missed that. Mine does have a raised 6 on the side of it. I guess I'll take that as confirmation. Thank you!

Yeah post #27 shows the pic. That and you can see the raised edges aren’t as prominent where you have bolt holes, they sort of blend in with the increased thickness of those areas.

3BB63EB1-7AB8-4590-A0BC-0D4434D0ECBA.png

Sorry to resurrect such an old thread. As someone with an 03 V8 4Runner, with a mild lift and 32s who drives pretty cautiously off road, is this something I should be concerned about replacing (before it breaks)? It looks like a pretty easy job, other than having to take the skids back off, so it's probably cheap insurance.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom