Differential Support #2 Replacement (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

OK just looked over that link and they do appear to have the same part numbers for some reason. So I guess you really do need to compare them side by side or save those pics in that thread to compare to your existing one.

FrontDiffSupportcomparison1bracket_zpsa9718ca8.jpg~original

FrontDiffSupportcomparison3bracket_zps7ba621c6.jpg~original

Last edited:
Do skid plates help prevent catastrophic diff failure if the old diff bracket breaks in half? Im not sure what’s the gap between the old diff support bracket and the skid plate.

I’m asking this because @DanKunz drove with it cracked for a while. In his case, he just experienced vibrations and extra alignments.

So, I don’t get what the catastrophe is with the diff if the support bracket breaks.

Mine cracked but I didn't wheel it cracked. I was just street driving because I couldn't find the issue. If you wheel cracked the damage comes from the diff deflecting UP and into the oil pain, as well as eating the CV and possible the R&P.

Got it. It’s on my list of things to do but wasn’t sure the order of priority compared to other things on my list...which never seem to end!

Toyota parts to consider ordering for 2003 GX470:
1. New upgraded propeller shaft assembly #37110-60A40 to fix driveshaft clunk on stop/go
2. New upgraded diff support bracket #52380-60021 to beef up the diff support
3. Toyota isolators for the spring conversion
4. Toyota gas cap if you are getting PO codes for the gas cap

Dumb question but is it just the passenger side that gets replaced?

On my the rubber grommet has deteriorated so even if it has been replaced it seems you just can’t get the grommets.

Dumb question but is it just the passenger side that gets replaced?

On my the rubber grommet has deteriorated so even if it has been replaced it seems you just can’t get the grommets.

The passenger side was the updated part, yeah.

There is a picture of a washer that needs to be reinstalled when the new diff support is installed. That washer is not a wear part or do you re use the old one?

I ordered the new part number (or so I thought) and received the identical part as the one on my car. At least it looks identical, same thickness, so I didn’t take it off - because from the pictures here the new upgraded part looks thicker. I bought 52380-04071 and they sent 52380-04071 but it looks identical to my old part and the part number stamped on the side is the same as the old part number 60021. Did I buy the wrong part? Here’s what I ordered.
E389C60C-3498-4A98-B5FD-4E35D63181D5.png

In the link above, they said the 04 V8 has the beefier one already - so I guess I have a spare too.

Can anyone measure the thickness of the new one so I can confirm this?

Correction:
Part ordered, 52380-04071 supersedes 52380-60021

Part number stamped on part: 52391-60021 and is 1.148” thick at the widest point and 0.994” just behind the stamped part number. Approximately 0.872 measured metal to metal where the rubber bushing fits. It also has the 6 stamped on it. I know my old one had the 60021 stamped on it, and when I held the new one up to it the thicknesses looked the same but I didn’t remove it to compare.

Can someone measure the old weaker one?

Below is a picture with measurements of the new one.

BC9445A5-99B9-41B7-A5A9-FC57C4DFF7A2.jpeg

image.jpg

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom