Differential Lock ON slow RPM (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hello everyone i am a new member of the site

I have in my power a 100 series from my dad he pass away 5 years ago

Yesterday i receive the complete list of mechanical stuff to do in the future for my LC 100 series. returning home i have a check engine light and the RPM get slower without a reason.

something to know is that i have an issue with the actuator or transfer so i drive the car with the diff lock on, i want to know what is happen because one our later i try to drive the car and the slow rpm speed comes to normal.

This is because the diff lock is on? i drove the car into short distance to the mechanical shop.

Also my clock and radio was working before i send the car to the shop.

WhatsApp Image 2022-07-07 at 6.05.59 PM.jpeg

WhatsApp Image 2022-07-07 at 5.28.42 PM.jpeg

This is a clear image driving at 20KM with full pedal with no full response by the car.

WhatsApp Image 2022-07-08 at 3.37.00 PM.jpeg

The low engine rpm sounds like limp mode. You can try stopping and turning off the engine and then restarting it to cancel the limp mode, but like Trunk Monkey says, you need to check out the fault codes to get to the root cause of the issue(s) and why it's going into limp mode.

I would read the CEL code, sounds like symptoms of a coil pack. Not sure why you're driving with the center diff locked, what happens if you turn it off?
thank you for your response trunk monkey! the reason the diff lock is on is because i can not turn it off, i check with my local mechanic and he said is a actuator fault. what is limp mode?

Oh i see limp mode is a emergency mode to send the car asap to the mechanic.

The low engine rpm sounds like limp mode. You can try stopping and turning off the engine and then restarting it to cancel the limp mode, but like Trunk Monkey says, you need to check out the fault codes to get to the root cause of the issue(s) and why it's going into limp moI

The low engine rpm sounds like limp mode. You can try stopping and turning off the engine and then restarting it to cancel the limp mode, but like Trunk Monkey says, you need to check out the fault codes to get to the root cause of the issue(s) and why it's going into limp mode.
Thank you for your response badlander, i am waiting until friday to send the car tho the mechanic and see the root of the cause, also i use the car to yesterday to a short distance the car came to limp mode and the reverse doesnt work so i turn it off and the issue dissapear. i hope the issue is the coil pack.

Just be aware, if it is a coil pack and the CEL is flashing, you're potentially doing damage to the vehicle (coil pack dumping fuel on catalytic converters - if you have those out of the US).

Just be aware, if it is a coil pack and the CEL is flashing, you're potentially doing damage to the vehicle (coil pack dumping fuel on catalytic converters - if you have those out of the US).
Hello trunk Monkey thank you for your response i made it to my local shop and this is the complete list of codes that i have, one speed sensor is fault the other ones if you have knowledge about let me know.

WhatsApp Image 2022-07-15 at 1.00.57 PM.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom