Did the US models for Fj60/62s ever come with a 5 speed trans? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

USA FJ60 never came with a 5 speed. USA FJ62 all came with the automatic transmission.
The only reason someone would pull an old 5 speed and replace it with new is because it’s thrashed.
You wouldn’t want it.

'84-'85 years the mounting schematic changed with regard to the 5-speed. USA 4-speed models came with a spacer block on the transmission after '85.

Think every 60 came with a 5speed except for the gasoline ones.

I wouldnt have to rebuild it either. A shop would.

A rebuild kit is 500-600.
Labor is probably another 500
What does a used h55f cost?
I just paid $1500 for a used one. Only because I knew the person and truck very well. 30,000 miles on it.

That was a good deal. I’ve seen crusty mine truck units with 4x the miles for the same price as what I paid.

I was ready to buy new, but this was a good combo.

I just paid $1500 for a used one. Only because I knew the person and truck very well. 30,000 miles on it.

That was a good deal. I’ve seen crusty mine truck units with 4x the miles for the same price as what I paid.

I was ready to buy new, but this was a good combo.

So 2500 rebuilt. Thata pushing it into buy new costs for sure.

So 2500 rebuilt. Thata pushing it into buy new costs for sure.
I recently bought a new one. It was a bit more than $2500. I am not sure what the shop did with my used. I could ask.

I recently bought a new one. It was a bit more than $2500. I am not sure what the shop did with my used. I could ask.
I see new ones everywhere for 3300-3400

But after the effort to find a used one. Acquire it and get it rebuilt, the time is money factor is going to even the equation.

I put an imported Australian H55f 5-speed into my 1984 FJ60 about 20 years ago, before they were available at the dealers etc. Lots of options around now, used/rebuilt/new. I had to have driveshafts modified due to the different length, and the shifter was pretty close to the dash w/ the 5-speed. A good upgrade from the 4 speed.

Buying is the easiest part. Finding someone here in CT to install would be the hard part smh. No one wants to make money anymore 😪

New H55F’s are $2750 @ Cruiser Outfitters and we have a pallet load in stock and ready to ship :cool:

Rebuilds are economical if it doesn’t need much more than bearings, seals, gaskets and synchros, maybe an input shaft (All parts we stock @ Cruiser Outfitters too!) but if it needs too much more than that and you’re paying full shop labor to overhaul, a new trans may be the ticket.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom