did ARB every make a rear bumper for a 60? (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Pics of rear ARB. In the second one you can really see how cutting out the rear crossmember would help in snugging up the bumper to the body and frame.

I can always go back and do this.
rear arb.JPG
rear arb2.JPG

Landpimp said:
its that Kens old 62?

not many red 62's with a ARB rear bumper ;)

it is indeed. could not have bought a better truck
oh, i would not cut the crossmember, i like to be able to see under there and spray oil on the frame so it doesnt rust.
also, the side leafs are weak, both of mine are mangled from wheeling...

that guy who posted and took said photo was me!
well news from arb so far is that the front bar is going into production but no priceing yet on it, no news on the rear bar will have to wait and cross our fingers

Tim

Nice bumper Benji!!!!

Here are some pics of the rear ARB from the under/backside.

Since I bought the bumper used, the original mounting points were mangled from previous welding etc.

I welded a piece of stout angle iron to makeshift a new bracket. The result was better, stronger, and more functional than the original.

In the first pic. notice how the mount protects the bolts/nuts. I also rounded the edges off so that they are able to scrape and drag without much digging.

This also allowed me to bypass the flimsy side brackets that stick out from the left and right frame rails. The original ARB bumper, if I am right, used these as mounting points, similar to the stock bumper. These things are crap. I was able to mount directly to the frame rails with the new mounting brackets.

In the second pic. I want to point out the tubular reinforcement ARB used in the construction of this bumper. STOUT

The third pic shows how simple the new brackets were to weld on.

There are 8 grade ‘8’ bolts holding this thing onto the frame. It is STOUT, believe me.

The only thing I dislike about the bumper is the fact that mud, salt, snow, etc. gets stuck in the underside easily. To prevent premature rust, I may try to drill some drain holes for water to escape.

I hope this either spurs some creative thoughts that aid in home-made rear bumpers or makes ARB know that we are ready for a new and improved rear bumper for the 60.

Cheers

No traction tape on the step area???

I sold and installed a few of these, but do not have pics...

People that own them, seem to like 'em.

:beer:

I took the traction tape off during the repainting and resto.

I am waiting for a good suggestion to replace it.

I am thinking some black diamond plating or something...

Howdy Ben. Missed you at Attica last weekend.

Benji said:
.. but I was thinking more on the lines of a diamond plate or something that would hold up better.

Might hold up better, but diamond plate is still slippery when wet…

Decent grip tape will stay put if properly applied.

Good luck!

-Steve

Everyone knows that Smittybilt totally rocks. The steel is almost twice as thick as tin foil (and I'm talkin Reynold's Wrap here). Actually, for lightish wheeling it holds up pretty well, and I've integrated rear Q panel/rear sliders now so its OK. And it has a provision for a spare and jerry cans-- up on the roof. Hey, come on it was one hundred bucks used. :grinpimp:
dsc00186.jpg

For instance, here it is holding up to some driveway punishment with three, yes count em three seven foot tall bookcases onboard. The rear quarter panels were never even scratched and the rear sliders held up to any obstacle in my driveway. Word up.
dsc00657.jpg

damn that is a huge trout... 5wt rod? cruiser content:

i sprayed the top of mine with grippy bedliner...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom